9: the talk.

Sometime in September of 1985.

"Alright Miss Drew, lay back and relax. This won't take but a little bit."

I watched the blonde nurse smile as she stuck the needle into my arm. I flinched and looked up at the ceiling. This was hell.

She quickly finished taking a vile of my blood and rushed out of the room after telling me the doctor would be in shortly. I put my hand on my forehead and sighed to myself.

"You want to talk?" Celeste asked quietly.

"No, I don't. I want to find out if I'm fucking expecting a baby or not. So shut your trap." I snapped.

It had been two months since the incident of puking my guts up, I had felt my world hault in it's merth.

I made it my personal mission to keep my suspicions from Bret. He was more concerned than usual, as well as focused. He and Jim were battling it out with The British Bulldogs, and a new team, The Rockers. Bret seemed to not care too much for them, but he liked to wrestle them from what he had told me. He liked the challenge.

I traveled with him from show to show. Did my job, pissing people off when we snuck out with a clean win while I distracted Davey or Tom. The Hart Foundation was hated. And we loved it. However things were about to change. The company was getting closer to striking an actual television deal. Right now was huge for any of the wrestlers to be showcased on this tour.

I tried to work more and think less about my possible life altering condition. And most importantly what it would do to Bret and I.

"Look... I know this isn't what you wanted. But Bret and you? You're like Batman and Wonder Woman. You're going to be fine." My sister gave me a look and patted my leg.

"I feel like yesterday I told him I loved him for the first time." I stated bluntly.

"You've been in love with him for years." Celeste snorted.

"I have n– how did you know?" I paused and raised my brow at the brunette.

"Because. You always would look at him like he was the most important person in the room to you. You defended him against anyone and everything. Kat, you two were in love from the first minute you spoke to each other. It's been easy to see." She smiled rambling on.

"Like when you laugh, Bret watches you like he's never seen something so amazing. And when he's in a bad mood, you're the only person to change that. It's a known fact." She shrugged, still smiling.

"Oh my god. I've loved him for so long." I laid my head back against the table and smiled.

Even if Bret was stubborn, moody, and cocky. Deep under all of those facades, he was soft and warm natured. Not many seen that side. And it made me fall deeper in love with him everyday.

A knock on the door pulled me back into reality as Bret stepped into the room with us, I looked at Celeste with wide eyes. She only looked at me and sighed.

"I called Bret."

"You did what?!" I jumped up off the table and glared at her.

"He needs to be here!" She whined, glaring back at me.

"Not right now!" I yelled quietly at her.

Celeste looked at me and shook her head before she opened the door and walked out. I watched as Bret stood in her place, clearing his throat as he looked at me.

"Don't." I said softly, sitting back on the table.

"Kat–"

"I said don't!" I said shakily.