5: love & confessions.

Two Months Later.

"And what exactly are your plans now that you're no longer affiliated with the WWF?"

I watched the talk show host long at me with her beady green eyes. I flipped my blonde curls over my shoulder and shot her a fake smile.

"A new record of course." I giggled, causing the whole crowd to laugh with me.

"Any idea when we can expect that?" The woman clapped furiously.

"Certainly by mid September."

"Now let me ask.... because we're all dying to know. Who is this man of yours we have been seeing with you recently?" She giggled, smirking towards me.

"Because he is a guaranteed hunk!" She raised her eyebrows simultaneously.

I mentally counted to ten in my mind as I grabbed my water cup an drank it all. Wasn't this supposed to be about my life and accomplishments? My personal life has never mattered since my last divorce... but this bitch just has to know doesn't she?

I shrugged my shoulders, placing my cup down. I smiled the biggest fake smile I could at her.

"Just a friend." I stated harshly.

The audience laughed and so did she. Her eyes bored into me as she shook her head.

"That wasn't an answer. What's his name, Kat? Come on! We all want to know!" The woman urged giving me a longing stare.

"He's no one important. Just a friend of a family I hang out with." I looked down at my rings on my fingers.

"The Hart family?" She giggled.

"That's the one." I snapped with a smile.

"Well, Kat. You've certainly done well for yourself. I hope you and this mystery man are going to announce everything soon!"

"We're not together. You see... that photo is the two of us in mid conversation about business ventures. Nothing more." I made sure to laugh as I did my best not to glare at the dim witted host.

The photo was simple. It was of Dean and I. We were walking out of a store when the photo was taken. He had told me he was going on dialysis because his kidneys needed it. He also mentioned he had been hit by a bus and that was the major cause of it... and not to tell anyone else. The news had took me by surprise seeing as that I thought Dean was invincible.

Besides all of that, we were talking about how Bret and I hadn't spoken much in two months. It had been two months since I had seen him in person. The occasional phone call was all. He was busy doing what he loved. And I hated to bother him. Even if some part of me missed him.

After announcing that the show was over, we thanked everyone for coming as I dashed off the setup stage and behind the curtain. Once I got inside my dressing room I closed the door and pressed my back against it with a heavy sigh.

A small chuckle from beside me made me open my eyes. I gasped as I nearly jumped.

"Dean!" I smacked at his arm and frowned.

"Hey, hey. Don't get violent. I came baring gifts." He spoke with a smirk. I rolled my eyes and walked into the room, grabbing ahold of my bag.

"Are you okay, though? Like for real?" He asked putting his hand on my shoulder with a smile on his lips.

"I'll be okay." I nodded slowly.

But would I? I may have had the world at my finger tips. But underneath my facade of living lavishly and doing what I loved. I was very unsure myself when I was alone. Sure, I had the looks. And I had brains. But I didn't want to ruin myself. Ever since I quit the WWF in cold turkey that night, I had been doing everything I could to keep myself busy so I didn't have to think about the friends I left behind. Or better yet, the fans.