17: "here we go."

"Bret, we are not naming the baby Dallas." I stood with my arms crossed.

"Why not?" He frowned as he stood up from the floor of the nursery.

"Not happening." I shook my head.

"Imagine saying, 'Hi, my name is Dallas Hart', it doesn't flow together." I analyzed, smiling. Bret roller his eyes from below me.

"Well we aren't naming him Cash, either." Bret replied as he stood up with his arms crossed.

"That's like the best name!" I scoffed.

"We all can't get what we want, babe." He smirked at me.

"Yeah, yeah." I mumbled as I leaned into his side.

Easily wrapping an arm around me, Bret pressed a kiss to the top of my head as I looked at the nursery coming to life.

I was heavily pregnant and doing my best to get everything prepared. As was Bret. Today we decided to get everything set up. Enlisting the help of Owen, Davey, Jim, and Tom, we were finally getting things done.

"Bret! Hurry the fuck up! We're starving!" Jim screeched from the living room.

Rolling my eyes, I waddled towards the door when Bret stopped me, gently pulling my arm. Owen stood before me, smirking. Bret moves past us into the living room.

"Calm down, killer." He mused.

"I'm perfectly calm. I'm mellow. I'm fine." I rambled, placing a hand on my bump.

"Lying is the first step of going to hell, y'know?" The blonde Hart grinned.

"I–"

"Just kidding. How's my favorite nephew?" He asked with a smile.

"Needing to come out. I'm tired of not getting any sleep. Or being able to to anything. Although, it is nice when Bret does everything for me because he thinks I can't do anything pregnant." I shrugged with a smile.

"Blows my mind thinking Bret put that inside you." Owen stated bluntly as I laughed.

"Thanks Oje." I nodded, fighting a smile.

"Go and lay down. We will finish this." Bret stepped in, putting his hand on my side.

"I can perfectly help." I protested.

"I know. But you need to get off your feet. Remember?" He gave me a look, furrowing his brows together.

"Fine.." I sighed heavily, not deciding to fight him.

Davey slipped into the room beside us. He chuckled and rubbed my shoulder. "Rest, Kat. We need ya 'round to boss Bret 'round."

"Fuck off." Bret mumbled.

Tom and Jim stood at the door beside Owen. I looked down at my bump and then back up at Bret. I bit my lip and frowned.

"Are you guys sure you don't want me to help?" I asked, glancing at each of them.

"Nah. Ya need ta lay down." Tom shook his head.

"No thanks, witch." Jim mused.

"It's decided that you're laying down and keeping my nephew inside you for a few more days." Owen clapped his hands together.

Everyone laughed, including me. Bret wrapped an arm around me and started to walk with me towards our room.

"Oh! Don't forget the changing table..... and the bookshelf go beside each other!" I started to turn around and walk the opposite way when Bret tightened his arm around my shoulders.