22: uncles night.

Bret's POV.

"Kat, if you don't leave. I'm going to throw you out the door and lock it." I threatened her, doing my best to keep my cool.

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" She frowned.

She was going out for a few hours with Celeste, Diana and Alison on the town. Kat was coming up with every excuse to not go. But I kept reassuring her I could take care of our daughter.

"Katrina, it will be a great night. You need this, babe." I smiled, putting my hand on her cheek.

"I know, I know... it's just my first time away from her." She frowned.

"She is going to be fine. Owen and I will keep an eye on her." I smiled reassuringly.

"You're not helping." She pouted.

I chuckled, pressing a soft kiss to her lips. She kissed me back, tangling her fingers through my longer hair.

"Kat, I know what you're trying to do." I smirked against her lips, wrapping my arm around her waist.

"I have no idea what you're talking about." She replied, batting her lashes at me.

"Sex isn't getting you out of going out and having a good time." I told her, smiling.

"You're inviting all of the guys aren't you." She gave me a look.

"Maybe." I mused down at her.

"Please watch our daughter and kill them if necessary." She said, batting her eyes lashes, I let out a chuckle.

"Kill my own brothers? I may leave the fun for you?" I teased.

"You're the best." Kat gleamed, pressing a kiss to my lips.

I kissed her back, only for her to pull away with a smirk. I gave her a knowing glare as she giggled. I watched her twirl the ring on her finger in awe. The sight made my heart beat faster.

We had done things completely backwards. But I knew I was more than ready to marry Kat.

We hadn't told the rest of the family yet, Wayne had sworn he was leaving the news for Kat and I to tell.

"Will you go on already?" I asked, crossing my arms.

"After I say goodbye to Mel." She said, pouting.

"Babe, you've said bye four times. She's going to be fine." I chuckled, rubbing her shoulders.

"Fine." She pouted more, grabbing her handbag.

Owen and Davey came through the door, smiles on their faces as they quietly closed the door. Kat looked at them and then back to me. She playfully put her head down, I smiled, pressing a kiss to the back of her neck.

"Hey guys." I nodded to the boys.

"Is Kat pouting?" Owen snickered, she glared at him.

"Shouldn't ta don that." Davey playfully nudged my younger brother as he sheepishly smiled at Kat.

"I'm going to go ahead and leave before I breakdown and cry." She grumbled.

"Everything will be fine." I reassured her, pushing her blonde hair from her face.

"I love you." Kat murmured softly, pressing a quick kiss to my lips.

"Love you too, babe." I smiled.

"Boys, please take care of my daughter. Make sure she has her bottle before eight. Burp her and swaddle her in her fluffy blanket. Oh! And–"

"Katrina." I smirked, looking at her.