10: it's over now.

"So... how are you?" Bryan asked timidly as he sat on the love seat.

"I'm not happy to see you, Bryan. Cut the small talk and tell me why you're here." I stood by my coffee table, glaring at him.

"Straight and to the point. Just like you always have been." The sandy haired man chuckled emptily.

"Why are you here?"

"I've tried to move on. But I can't. Not after what I did to you. I need to know... I just... I need to know that you're okay." He asked lowly.

My breath hitched in my throat as I bit my lip softly. I had made sure to leave Bryan in the past with the rest of my mistakes. But no matter how hard I tried, deep down I knew I would always care for him. He was my first love.

"Bryan... it's been three years. I'm fine." I sighed heavily.

"After what I did–"

"You mean cheating on me with my best friend and having a full blown affair?" I raised my brow pensively.

"Uh... yeah... that." He adverted his eyes to anywhere but mine.

"I've seen a lot about you lately. That you're doing really well for yourself. I'm really happy for you. But I seen that interview where that lady kept grilling you about who you were with and I couldn't help but get mad at myself. Because if I didn't do what I did... Kat we could've still been together." Bryan said with such hope in every word he spoke to me.

"No we wouldn't have. You wanted things I didn't want. This was fate." I shrugged, biting my lip. The man went silent for a bit.

"Who's the guy?" He asked quietly.

"That's none of your business." I snapped.

"Kat... please. I just... want to make sure you're okay." Bryan snapped his blue eyes up to mine and frowned.

"You know what?! I'm great! Better than I ever have been! What I'm not okay with is with your doing! You hurt me badly! You slept with the girl I considered my best friend and you kept doing it after I found out, Bryan! Do you know how bad that hurt? How damaged I felt? What that did to my confidence? Do you?!" I bellowed out, pointing finger at him in anger.

"You will never know the pain you caused me! You were my first love. My first everything. And now... you're a reminder of what a mistake looks like for me." I laughed humorlessly and put my hand on my stomach, a ghosted smile appearing on my lips.

"I'm happy now. I'm in love. And I'm having his baby. I've never felt more happy in my life." I smiled, pushing my hair behind my ear, looking over at Bryan.

He looked hurt. Sadness wrote all over his face. And I didn't care. This is what he deserved.

"Congratulations." He spoke somberly.

I heard heavy footsteps coming down the hall. I was wondering when Bret would wake up from all the commotion.

"That's what you came here for right? To know if I'm going to be alright from loosing you? Because I'm fucking amazing." I did my best to sound formal but it came out a little more blunt than I intended it too.

The footsteps stopped. They were closer, right around the bend of my hallway.

"Yes, Kat. I know... I did something unforgivable. But... a part of me wishes we could be friends somehow." Bryan stood, fixing his almost skintight shirt to smooth out.

"Kat?"

I closed my eyes for a second, crossing my arms over my chest as I turned and faced the sound of Bret's voice.