12: "bret's going to what now?"

I slid my hands down my hips and turned to my side as I put my hand on my small bump.

I smoothed my shirt down and raised my brow as I looked at myself. Bret opened the door to the bathroom behind me, stopping in his tracks and looking at me.

"Uh..."

"I'm showing." I grabbed ahold of his hand, placing it on my bump.

Bret obliged my actions and pressed his palm to my growing stomach. I looked up at him with raised eyebrows while he smiled, pressing a kiss to my forehead.

"We need to head over to my parents. Are you ready?" He asked, looking down, over me as if he was looking me over.

"I guess so. If we must." I dramatically sighed.

"Do we want to tell them about the baby?" He mumbled as he grabbed his tooth brush.

"Not yet." I ran my fingers through my hair before returning to my scalp and teasing it a little more.

"Kat, you're five months in. Soon we aren't going to have a choice." Bret said through brushing his teeth.

"I just don't want them to freak out." I groaned, putting my hand on my hip and the other on the sink.

"They're going to freak out either way because they love you." He rolled his eyes.

"Your sisters are hit and miss. Your brothers all love me. Of course your parents love me. But it's just.. a lot. I don't want to be ridiculed, or hated on. I just want to know if they support us or not." I paused, biting my lip.

"My sister is all I really have. My mom is off living her best life and my father hates my very presence. I don't want your family to freak out and hate me and you both... Because all I really have is your family, my sister and you, Bret." I looked at him, pursing my lips.

"You aren't going to lose me or anyone else, Kat. I'm right here." Bret put his hand on my waist, giving me a small smile.

"Even if I look like a whale?" I pouted.

"You don't. But I wouldn't leave you if you paid me." He snorted.

We made our way down to his car, I made myself comfortable. Rolling the window down, longing for a nice breeze when I was met with cold ass air. Then I remembered. We were in Canada.

"We should tell your parents about WrestleMania." I stated while putting my hand on his leg, gently.

"Tell them what? That I got the shitty end of the deal? I'm going to be in Chicago instead of Los Angeles or New York where all the good stuff is happening? While I'm stuck in a battle royal? I don't think so, babe." Bret practically hissed, I rolled my eyes and gave his leg a squeeze.

"Bret, at least you're even getting a chance. You're doing better!" I smiled, pressing my lips to the side of his face.

"You going to keep being my personal hype woman, now?" He chuckled, glancing at me.

"I'm much more than your hype woman, big boy." I flipped my hair off my shoulder and grinned.

"Of course! How could I forget. You're that girl I met in a bar and got pregnant." Shaking his head as if he remembered something important, Bret smirked when he parked the car on the edge of his parents driveway.

"You're horrible at jokes. Leave that to Owen." I glared at him.

"I knew you liked him better for some reason." He frowned.

"He doesn't annoy me." I smirked and got out of the car.

"I don't annoy you! There's no way! I cook for you, I made sure you had clean clothes. I always give you foot rubs. I have sex with you. I–"