Chapter 11

Reyna's POV

     Everyone stared at me, you could practically hear the mental gears in their heads turning, as the pieces of the puzzle clicked into place. "The 'ancient foe'  is the monster or whatever that we have to face."  : I continued. "And the last line, 'loses one but gains another' ...". The room fell silent. "Now now, remember that prophecies are normally misleading and don't mean what you think." : Chiron reminded. " You should depart this evening." : Mr D added. "Don't tell the legion." : I told Frank, "I don't want to raise any alarm." "You sure you want to do this by yourself? Sounds risky." : he replied. "Frank, we're demigods. Everything is risky." : I rolled my eyes. "Right." : he said sheepishly.

     "Council adjourned." : Mr D waved his hand in dismissal, and vanished in a cloud of grape-scented vapour. I left to go pack, gathering my things into a trekking pack, receiving a few extra supplies from the camp store. Chiron brought me a bag containing a few hundred mortal dollars, and a separate pouch of gold drachmas. At dinner, several people, both legionnaires and greeks wished me luck. Apparently, rumours had spread about my quest.

     At about 7pm, a small group had gathered to send me off. Mr D, Chiron, Frank and Nico. All but Mr D hugged me, and frankly I was okay with that. Argus brought the van around, I climbed in and off I went.