Chapter 32

Reyna’s POV

     I had to tell him. I’d no idea what we might be facing and if something happened I’d be pissed at myself if I didn’t tell him. “Look Nico, whatever you heard back in that cavern-” : I stopped when I heard him chuckling. “Don’t worry about it.” : he replied, “I was only there for a few minutes.”  “Neeks I-” : I was cut off again when I turned to face him only to find our faces a few cm apart. “I really-”: I tried again, but my mind was racing so fast my tongue wasn’t working properly. “Shh,” : Nico said, “me too.” 

     He leaned down and I leaned up and our lips connected. In that second, tartarus could have exploded beneath us and I wouldn’t have noticed. Nico’s kiss was the most amazing thing I had ever felt.

Nico’s POV

     “Look Nico, whatever you heard back in that cavern-”: Reyna began. A chuckle escaped me, in all honesty I’d only arrived there in time to hear Hylla say that she approved of me. Ever since then my mind had been a jumble of emotions and thoughts firing back and thought, my feelings for Reyna the most dominant one. I wracked my brain for something to say. “Don’t worry about it.” : I replied, “I was only there for a few minutes.”  “Neeks I-” : she suddenly turned, placing her face so close to mine that I could see straight into her swirling night sky black eyes. “I really-”: she tried again. Shh,” : Nico said, “me too.”  I leaned down and she leaned up and our lips connected. My dad could have unleashed every soul of Erebos around us, and I wouldn’t have noticed. The passion in Reyna’s kiss was the most real thing that I had ever experienced. 

Reyna’s and Nico’s POV

     First kisses are supposed to be magical and oh my gosh it was.

3rd person’s POV

     Nico ran his hand through Reyna’s hair and pulled her closer, deepening the kiss. They finally broke apart, their foreheads touching and their breath condensing in the cold night air. “I love you.” : they said in unison. They stayed like that for another hour, both simply so grateful that they’d found someone else that would carry their pain with them. Someone to support them, cherish them, love them. They’d been through so much together, sacrificed so much for each other and finally they could find themselves in each other.