Chapter 28

3rd person’s POV

     “This is Nico De Angelo.” : Reyna introduced, “He’s my best friend, son of Pluto, and he joined me after I left Camp Half-Blood. Nico, this is Hylla my sister the queen of the Amazons.”  “Hi, nice to mee-” : Nico said. The two archers with Hylla aimed their bows at him. “No male may speak to me without my leave.” : Hylla snapped, waving her javelin in Nico’s face. Nico took a step back, raising his hands in surrender. 

     “Hylla! Lighten up, I trust Nico with my life.” : Reyna protested. Hylla rolled her eyes, but flicked her hand. Her guards lowered their bows. “We’ll take you to the citadel.” : Hylla turned and nodded to the other spearwoman. She slung her weapon across her back, and pulled out two cloth sacks. “Seriously?” : Reyna asked, turning to Hylla. “Amazonian security protocol.” : Hylla replied, shrugging. “It’s fine Rey.” : Nico said. He took one of the sacks and pulled it over his head. Reyna sighed, but allowed herself to be blindfolded. 

Nico’s POV

     When my blindfold was removed, I found myself in a black metal rectangle. The amazon who removed my blindfold stepped out of the holding cell and shut the door, its bars made of imperial gold. 
     “Where’s Reyna?” : I asked. 
     “With the queen.” : she replied. 
     “Why am I here then?” : I asked. 
     “Cuz you’re a male.” : she scoffed back. 
     “Well good luck holding me.” : I said smirking.
      She laughed, “Good luck getting out of 5cm of reinforced steel.”

She turned and strode over to a stool. “Suckers.” : I thought. One of the best things about being the son of Hades, is that you’re the only one in existence. I took a step back and evaporated into darkness.