IV.XXIV

November

Now.....Donghyuck's feelings are a bit more complicated than Mark's.

As we know, he's always found Mark attractive and as soon as he was introduced to a more caring and thoughtful side of Mark Lee, his dormant crush returned. He's been doing nothing but hiding, denying and ignoring the obvious tell signs since. Why else would he reprimand himself repeatedly before bed when the lulled and sleepy expression that Mark always wore when he was tired popped into his brain? The man was absolutely gone and just hated to admit it. 

When he decided he would, like a ton of bricks, he was hit with a shitload of insecurities -there's no way Mark would want him, he's not in Mark's league, people would be against them together, he brought nothing to the relationship and many many more. He didn't even want to mention his father's homophobia ever present in his subconscious. He felt, in only a few more months, Mark wouldn't like him again and would move onto someone else and this extending of his trust would be made useless, just another mistake. 

But, for now, he decided to trust his mother, himself and most importantly, Mark.

He hasn't regretted it so far. 

And their first month has been good for the most part, except for the occasional break down where Donghyuck questions his worth and ends up ruining their good flow. However, their relationship is great.

Mark is great, Mark is consistent. Mark loves him -the moment forever stuck on repeat in his head. He giggles as recalls just how much of a stuttering mess Mark became after such a bold confession and how quickly Mark assured him that he did not need to return the sentiment....yet. He was thankful for that then. He remembers the day like the back of his hand, like a ghosting of lips over his -something Mark often did to tease him. 

Their second month was Donghyuck's awakening. 

It's when they have their first couple fight. It's not that bad but it keeps Donghyuck worrying. He's keeps replaying Mark's annoyance rising at Donghyuck's constant misplacement of the washed cups -oh the irony- and how Donghyuck refused to admit his fault. He can tell Mark is going to get tired of him soon with how quickly he breaks and how often he needs reassurance but Mark gracefully reminds him, time and time again, that nothing -nothing at all- could stop him from loving Donghyuck. Maybe Donghyuck finally believes him. 

They skip date night tonight, tired from work and school and decide to spend the rest of the day watching the cartoons Donghyuck loves so much.

When they're at home, under their dull lights that need changing, the calm relaxed ambience, the laid back feel of the cool evenings, Donghyuck's comfort is Mark. He loves Mark, he realizes. 

"Baby, I love you too."

Life is good, too good to be true.