IV.XXIII

I should be honest that this chapter and the next are fillers (kinda). They don't add to the plot really but it is a monumental part of their relationship. However, there are only there because everything is going down afterwards.

==

October

For Mark, Donghyuck has got to be the most amazing person he's ever met. As if from the sidelines, he's watched his own feelings blossom into something he's never experienced before. So, it was crystal clear to him that Donghyuck was someone he wanted to pursue.

Watching someone completely commit themselves to a world they never knew despite the constant disruptions from imbeciles (Donghyuck's father), only to get up again and continue trying every time leaves Mark in awe, every single time he sees it.

He wants to spoil Donghyuck, baby him, drown him in love, affection and every material possession he's ever laid his eyes on but he doesn't want his love to feel like a charity case. Mark never imagined that in the instance of finally "acquiring" Donghyuck, he would have to tip-toe around or hold back some of his feelings to ensure that his boyfriend didn't run away or misunderstand. He isn't exactly sure if that's what Donghyuck wants him to do either but he's learning more about his man -in the relationship sense, as in he hates chocolate as presents for special days because he always eats way too much and gets a stomach ache and in the everyday sense, that he loves watching cartoons until way into the night as a form of stress relief- as they go along and is trying to soak up every last drop.

Their first month has been great. It embodies more than many other couples' first month does -things like finalizing business plans and advertising their app and upcoming service. But it definitely entail the usual sappy, early couple, honeymoon phase shit where they can't stop going out that they run broke in the first week, can't finish a sentence without stealing a kiss from the other -anywhere your lips can touch-, can't wait to dive into each other's embrace after a typically rough day, can't contain the love vomit when you simply stare into your partner's eyes when they're talking about what to get for groceries or the squirrel they caught a glimpse of outside of class or the retelling of an absolutely redundant story from their day. And of course, they can't help but driving their friends absolutely insane -especially with the incessant name calling like boo bear and baby butt; Jeno and Jaemin had their chance, it was time for Mark and Donghyuck. Mark would trade nothing for the still oh-so slightly shy glances, the late night talks where they spill their hearts and even the horrendous morning breath when he wakes up next to the one he loves the most.

This date is no different from the rest, just except it's the last day of the month -their first month together. Oh, and Mark hates amusement parks; every last thing about them.

So, finds it completely despicable that even though, he's shared this fact with Donghyuck, that his boyfriend insisted they spend the night there. It's a miracle in his mind that Donghyuck doesn't force him to actually take one ride.

He's just loving time -secure on the ground- with his boyfriend who still happens to look stunning on the tinted florescent lights cascading the area in the dark of night. He still shines, he still stands out in the fast pace world surrounding them. Donghyuck was his one comfort in an environment he felt so vulnerable and unsafe in. He loves lee Donghyuck, he realizes.

And he simply can't keep it to himself. "I love you baby."

Life is good.