A Lingering Shadow

Start from the beginning

"But...I didn't unpack it." The man froze, and he swallowed. He shook off any irrational fears that leapt up to the forefront of his mind. Dio was dead. He was safe. He was allowed to live a good life, without fearing the consequences of love.

"Dont be silly, someone had to- and I haven't been home long enough."he kissed her sweetly. Thought Marina remained looking offely confused.

"You just forgot, so - "he clapped his hands together, grabbing an apron and trying it about his waist. "What do you want for supper?"

Marina's mood went from confused to excited, she adored Jotaro's cooking. He had learned all of his recipes from her mother-in-law and Holly's cooking was simply the best. "Oh! I would adore some, um, what do you call it? Oh! Dumpling soup!"

Jotaro nodded, "Coming right up!"

╙ ↘ ◈ ╰☆╮ ◈ ↙

It had been a week since the unpacking incident, and nothing  strange had happened again. Thought everytime the man stepped into the house alone he got a feeling of unease. Jotaro assumed this was because when wasn't used to the house still. Or maybe he was anxious because he was a new father, husband and homeowner all at once. Currently, the marine biologist was leaning into his chair, reading a book the baby monitor sitting down beside him. He turned the page, and heard a small crackle come from the device. The Joestar looked over paying close attention. He expected to hear crying or the screaming of a fussy baby, but what came through sent ice shooting straight down his body.

A man's voice crackled through the device. It sounded disconnected and wheezy, as if whoever was speaking had a hard time breathing. Jotaro jolted to his feet dropping the book to the floor with a heavy thud.

"Hell-llo...baby...JoJo....Little...Jolyne..."

His footsteps echoed down the hallway as he bolted towards the baby's room. There was no way that it was radio feedback, they had said his little girl's name. The man slammed open the door to Jolyne'a room - and found it was empty. Nothing. The window wasn't open either and the door had been closed before he came in. Jotaro summoned [Star Platinum] and had the Stand one the closest door. He checked the window to see if the lock was broken. It wasn't. Not a thing in the room had been disturbed.

Except, for the small star and dolphin mobile (made by Holly) was spinning around softly, and the baby in the crib was giggling. She reached upwards with her hands no semblance of fear or distress upon her features. Jotaro sighed with relief and he walked over, picking up his daughter gently. He held her close to his chest listening to her giggle- it made him smile softly. His blue eyes darted about the room. Had he imagined it? Yet, the mobile was spinning, but nobody had been in the room to spin it. He didn't feel any sinister presence either.

"Hey, Jolyne..."he spoke in a hushed whisper, looking down at the small creature in his arms. He laughed softly pressing their foreheads together. "Your daddy's a jumpy guy. He's always so worried. You should tell him to relax more..."

The baby girl giggled and she made grabbed hands, though she wasn't looking at her father. Her bright blue eyes were staring off in a distant corner. Jotaro turned around to follow her gaze and found nothing but, a handprint.

There was a strange handprint on the wall. He blinked and it was gone. Ice ran through him and Jotaro held his daughter close to his chest carrying her out of the room. He decided that he would rather hold onto Jolyne and have her fall asleep in his arms than leave her on the room alone. He didn't trust what he was seeing or hearing. He needed to get medicated for this paranoia he was suffering from. He would talk to Marina about it.