Sadness Batch (1)

Prompt(s): Are you afraid to die?| Do you know how it feels to wish for death everyday?

Starring: Jotaro Kujo

TW: suicide (attempted/planned)
______________________________________

He stared over the edge of the building, he stared at the concrete. He could see below him a distant figure redhair flowing in the light breeze. His arms open-wide inviting the man. Jotaro sighed and he turned his gaze away. He slid a hand into his pocket, pulling out the gun he had stashed away. It had been surprisingly easy to get ahold of it.

His blue eyes darkened in color. His hands shook lightly as he pressed the cold metal to his temple. Jotaro swallowed and he put the gun down beside him. Any hint of hesitation in his soul would cause [Star Platinum] to save him last moment. The man had to be unmoveable in his decision. He wanted to do this. He wanted to meet the void and escape the one that had been eating at him inside. So, why, was he sitting there at the edge of the roof unable to follow through.

"Are you afraid to die...?"a voice made him leap upwards. The man stared at - his own face. It was clearly him, with the same build and eyes, but a long scar ran across his face. And his outfit was offely gaudy, not to mention how much older he looked. Raggedy and worse for wear.

"Apparently, I am."the younger responded staring at this strange future-image of himself. Was this a hullationation? Some last ditch effort of his subconscious to make him abounded this hopeless endeavor? Jotaro didn't appreciate it. He spun back around, taking his seat at the edge again. The older man joined him. They sat in silence staring at the ground below.

"You know,"the elder spoke slowly, his voice edged with sadness. "You have a lot to look forward to in the future."

"As I thought."Jotaro huffed, and he turned to the man - glaring at him. "You're here to stop me so that you can preserve your existence. Listen, I don't need to hear your lectures, because I've heard anything you could havw to say a thousand times already!" His voice rose and broke, as tears finally began to spill down his features. "Do you know what it feels like to wish for death everyday? To miss someone so much, that you can't take a step outside the door without your heart breaking!? Nobody understands me anymore. I don't even understand myself..."

He took a shakey breath, "Those days...we're the happiest of my life. Avdol and Kakyoin, they were my life! Noriaki...he didn't deserve to die alone."

The older man didn't say anything for quite some time, he places a hand on the younger's shoulder. His blue eyes were filled with a strange familiarity. The younger tesned at the touch, but he leaned into it nontheless.

"And neither do you...But go ahead. Take that gun and blow your brains out. Join Noriaki in the afterlife - and watch him slap you upside the head for being an idiot."

Jotaro choked on laughter through the tears, "He...he would do that."

The other Joestar nodded and he stood up glancing at the sky, where stars were beggining to peek out. "So, as you asked I won't lecture you. I won't tell you not to. But, if Noriaki is worth this much to you - then you should damn well respect his death, respect the fact that he died to make sure you lived. Don't throw that away, JoJo..."

The college student was sobbing now, wiping at the tears uselessly. He turned his head only to find that the mirage had vanished. Had the man ever even been there? Running a hand through his hair, he stood up. His blue eyes darted to the gun, and he kicked it off - hearing it shatter agaisnt the ground below. Jotaro grabbed his hat and set it on his head, marching towards the roof entrance.

He had a final to study for.
______________________________________

Prompt(s): How am I supposed to go on?