Words

Finger's flitted over a keyboard expertly as words were written into a discord message box. The screen of the computer reflected onto the face that was looking with furrowed brows. He let out a sigh and leaned back into his chair, waiting for a response to his message.

"Yeah sounds good. You streaming today? I can join a voice call if you want." The message offered. A little line of words popped up below that message, threatening another one to follow, but the line disappeared as quickly as it arrived.

"No just me, I'll text you later George, thanks."

The lines popped up again on the screen. GeorgeNotFound is typing...

"Are you sure Dream? We only ever text. I've never had like an actual voice call with you. I haven't even seen your face." George vented over the little internet message. Dream frowned at the little paragraph. He didn't want to do this to George, but it wasn't something he could necessarily control.

"Sorry George. Maybe some other time." He lied, knowing that George would have to wait much longer than "some other time" implied.

Dream moved his mouse, and minimized his discord tab and replaced it with his OBS software. Pulling up all the little add-ons that would maximize the stream, as well as help him see chat. Then he pulled up his launcher, looking at the intricate scenery of the nether that showed on his screen.

Today was going to be a speed running stream, relaxed and quiet. He set his game capture to Minecraft and made sure his game version was set to the right one before hitting the launch button. He watched as the Mojang screen lit his face with a red hue. He adjusted his mic and made sure all the input and output settings were correct before finding the little "start streaming" on his screen, and pressed it. The stream was live on his Twitch and he smiled a little before the chat started flooding with viewers. It took a moment before the notification went out, but when it did, thousands more flooded in, leaving him with an impressive audience of 70,000.

"Hey guys." He said quietly into the mic, pulling up the new world screen, and setting up a new survival world to start the next few hours off. He barely spoke as he ran through the blocky dessert, searching for a village or a temple. Despite his severe lack of words, his viewer count remained consistent, even spiking at times where he was getting close to beating the current world he was in. The occasional "mark down these cords please" could be heard, but other than that he barely let out a full sentence.

But his chat like it this way. He had 14 million subscribers and they still hadn't even seen his face yet, but they were some of the most loyal people in any fanbase. They didn't care if the commentary was drier than the dessert he was running through, they were more so infatuated with the sheer amount of skill he displayed in his videos and on screen.

Most of these people came from his overly popular manhunt videos, which he also (conveniently) didn't speak in. He didn't say anything, heck his mic wasn't even turned on during the manhunts. He left the commentary to his friends as he worked to beat the game. But nobody seemed to care, they enjoyed just watching the video regardless.

Eventually he had a really good seed, which lead to a quick nether, and easy stronghold. His luck elicited a little "yes" as he jumped in through the galaxy esc portal that took him into the end. He beat the dragon with a quick one cycle, the dragon seemingly doing exactly what he needed. He smiled at the time. It wasn't a time to brag about, only ranking in the 20's on the speed running chart, but it was still one of his better runs.

"Thank you for joining today. See you next time." He said, watching as the chat ran by with people sending pogchamps or goodbyes. He changed his games perspective and it looked like his character was waving off the audience as he spam clicked the left button on his mouse.