Day 1

Today was it. The last day of Clays indefinite privacy. The last day he would be able to go out into public innocently and not expect to get mobbed.

Twitter took his tweet well, and the support he got was overwhelming, despite him being absolutely terrified that people would judge or hate him for being mute. He still had residual worries about how a live audience would react,  but he was ready. His anxiety was easily overpowered by his excitement. 

Today was his face reveal.

He was rushing around the room, making sure he looked decent, he had the mask of course so he could be dramatic, as always. He kept fidgeting with his hair every few minutes, making sure it looked perfect. He changed his shirt probably 5 times in and effort to find the perfect outfit. 

George was sitting, unamused, on the couch, watching the other rush around frantically.

"Dream, would you like to calm down for a minute. Please?" George asked as Clay sniffed himself to make sure he didn't smell gross (He had literally just showered, and scrubbed off his outer layer of skin with soap, but he still had to check "to be safe")

Clay stopped in his tracks, probably the first time he stood still since he woke up. He smiled apologetically. He had too much energy, with all the excitement, fear and other emotions coursing through his brain. His ADHD didn't help either.

George rolled his eyes at the other, which was their unspoken signal that Clay was fine and he could continue rushing about like a mad man. 

And that's exactly what Clay did until Nick arrived back to their room with Karl, who was sharing the face reveal panel with them.  

"Ready boys?" Nick asked, making sure he had everything he needed in a backpack. Water bottles, snacks, a first aid kit, basically everything they would need for the day. Even though the convention provided it for them since they were the big name guests at the con. 

Clay nodded excitedly in response to Nicks question, ready to get his day started. Officially. 

They all got ready, and made sure Clay was secured in his "disguise" before they left the room. They were taken to a golf cart, that drove them to the backstage. Even an hour early and the loud chatter coming from the other side of the curtain was astounding. 

They never announced that Clay would reveal his face. But he said he wanted to do it at a big event. This was a big event. Even regular people, who didn't watch Dream videos, were waiting, knowing that seeing his face reveal was probably the biggest thing in media to happen in the last 5 years. 

Clay was about to break the internet. With his face. 

The clock was nearing noon, quarter until to be exact. Clay was holding the clay mask in his hands. George walked over, watching his friend rocking back and forth on his heels in anticipation. 

Clay noticed and looked at him with a nervous smile. 

George got up close and smiled back, working as a support system for the other. 

"Do I look alright?" Clay vocalized, quietly. It was barely a whisper so that those around him couldn't hear. George scoffed and punched him in the shoulder, "You look perfect. Idiot." 

Clays smile translated into something more happy as he stopped rocking. 

"Here, let me." George said, grabbing the smiley mask in his friends hands and getting up onto his toes. Their faces were really close. George looked into Clays eyes, they each had a subtle look of longing, but neither could really tell.

After a minute of staring he slowly lifted the mask up in between them, and secured the elastic around his head. He took his hand and roughed up the blonde strands of hair so they slipped over the edge of the white rim, and then carefully pulled the green hood over Clays head. 

"Looking Good!" Nick called a little too loud from a few feet over. A couple screams erupted from the other side as they realized Nick was talking. He cringed, and decided to keep his voice down until they got out there. His ears were going to explode the second his best friend got on that stage and took off his mask. 

George giggled, and looked back over at Clay who was reaching out aimlessly. George carefully grabbed his hand and placed it on his shoulder. Clay removed his hand momentarily, pointing to himself and signing * can't see *.

George let out a little chuckle and rolled his eyes. He helped guide the other to the stairs, making sure he had a good idea of where he was. 

Clay could easily just lift the mask up a bit and see where he was going, but he let George guide him to the stairs, just for the hell of it. He had a huge grin under the mask, and he was ready. 

As ready as he ever would be. 

Soon enough it was 11:59. Go time. 

Karl was called first, then Nick, then George, then Clay. 

He wished George was still there to guide him up the stairs and onto the stage, but he sucked it up and carefully lifted the disk off of his face so he could look down at his feet. He walked up the three stairs and waited until his name was called. 

"and finally..." The announcer called from his mic, "Dream!"

Screams erupted from the massive crowd. Literally the whole convention must have shoved themselves into the area. 

Clay walked onto the stage, tripping a little but recovering quickly. He stood still, "looking" out into the crowd, before sliding the mask up to the top of his head. 

The deed was done. Everyone had their phones out recording or taking pictures.

Clay was waving carefully, as he was directed to his chair next to George. George was smiling almost as much, as they high fived. Nick threw up a thumbs up and Karl was smiling as well. 

The panel continued for an hour and a half and they talked about dumb things, with George or Nick interpreting what Clay was saying. They all had an amazing time, answering questions and spending time with each other on stage. 

And there was still 4 more days.

A|N

This is mostly focused on the face reveal and a buzzing Dream, but I figured I would incorporate a little DNF in there, yknow. 

feedback is appreciated, and encouraged!

-wowie :)