Epilogue

"Leave me ALONE!" Clay yelled into his mic as he ran through a familiar blocky biome in his game. He was being chased by Bad, Nick, George and Ant, who were armed to the teeth with diamond armor and tools. From an outside view, he was at a disadvantage, but he was working out a plan that would easily stop them, give him the upper hand, and win him the manhunt.

After a month and a half of recovery and physical therapy, he was ready to get back to the game and it felt good. Was he rusty? Yeah, but it was like riding a bike, after some practice it would be like he never left the keyboard.

During his break, his fingers would absently flutter as if he were using a mouse, and they would tap gently on the table as if he was using the keyboard. He never realized he was doing it until someone pointed it out, but he found it amusing.

"Oh Dreaam!" George called into his mic. They were nearing the end of the manhunt recording, and their energy levels were high. He was across the ocean -the real ocean- back home in London, and he wanted everything to be back in America to see Clay. They were working on getting him a Visa so he could live in the country, but the process was long and difficult so it would be a while before he could move. For now the occasional weekend visit would suffice, as well as the daily voice calls.

Speaking of voice calls, that was now the only way they ever talked to each other if they weren't together physically. Clay completely opened up, and his progress was insane. He was now able to have light conversation with all of the SMP, and he was slowly getting more and comfortable speaking to them over call.

Being in person was a different story, but he always struggled with that, and it would take time. He had gotten so comfortable, that this was the first manhunt where he would be joining in on the conversation and commentary.

He of course had set backs, making his progress seem like it never happened. There were times where he would freak himself out before a call, and have a panic attack, but George was there every step of the way providing support. He would reassure Clay, and help him through the anxiety, and neither realized how important George was to his improvement.

None of this would have happened if George wasn't there. If Clay never told him about being mute 5 months ago.

He also downplayed his progress, saying that he wasn't actually moving forward, but his friends could really see the improvement. The fact that he even wrote one more name on his list, let alone ten times that number, was plenty of proof.

"Come on Dream! Just give up already!" Nick called, getting uncomfortably close to Clays character in the game. But what he didn't know, was that they were walking right into a trap.

They were in a snow biome, and Clay had found a pit, where a layer of snow had nothing underneath. So he got to work digging down so that when they fell, they would die of fall damage, immediately.

And they did. Of course one stayed back to make sure that at least one of them survived, and that was Antfrost.

But unlike last time, Clay was able to beat him in the 1v1. Which left Clay plenty of time, to make it to the stronghold, and get through the portal. And he beat the dragon, just as his friends joined him in the end.

"Lets GOO!" Dream yelled, leaning back into his chair as he watched the end credits roll. Everyone else sighed, they thought they had this one, but they made the mistake of believing that, just like every other one, which was a major factor in their downfall. They got too cocky and let it get to their heads.

Just like every other manhunt, they talked about their thoughts afterwards, what they had planned to do if something happened. Typical reaction video.

Soon enough it was just George and Clay in a call, all the others had gone to bed since it was late into the night.

"Congrats." George said quietly over the call. "Thanks Gogy." Clay replied, he had a little smile knowing that he had this free time with George.

"Hey, guess what?" George said, randomly after a minute of silence. "Hmm?"

"I love you." George added, smiling.

"Love you too." Clay replied with his own smile. But this time it wasn't him pestering George. It was true, and it was genuine, and George was more than happy to say it back now.

He just wished he could say it to him in person again.

Maybe he would surprise George with a plane ticket for that upcoming weekend.

Who knows, anything was possible.

A|N

Hey! thats it! shes done! I dont plan on turning this into a series or anything so this is truly the end.

If you like my writing, then you'll be happy to hear that I'm working to post a new one.  Its medieval au, with Royal Dream, Knight Sapnap and Wizard George. It has a lot more angst and violence so if you like that stuff, head on over! the story is called The Lions, The Ram, and The Boar. if you decide to go read it thank you! i appreciate the support :)

Thank you so much for reading!

-wowie