Vent

It was the early hours of the morning and Nick, Clay and George were all curled up in a hotel room. When Nick called he was only able to secure one room, due to the sheer amount of tourists that were visiting during that particular weekend, and not to mention they had to find a hotel that allowed pets.

Clay was given one of the beds, and George secured the other through a game of Rock Paper Scissors. So Nick was curled up on the floor with an extra blanket wrapped securely around himself. They showed up at the hotel at around 3 AM after they situated everything with the firemen, so the hotel staff wasn't able to get them a cot. It was surprising they could even sleep, but it seemed that they were still tired enough to do so anyways.

Even Patches was tucked away in the blankets with Clay, curled up by his stomach.

They were sleeping peacefully in the security of the hotel that provided comfort and shelter.

Nick woke up first, something nobody really could have predicted. It was probably the floor that made him stir. He could feel his shoulder push against the hard surface and his whole body ached.

"Damn." He muttered, sitting up, rubbing his fingers over sleepy eyes. "I should ask the service desk for a cot." He reminded himself, getting up off the floor.

He looked over to Clay who had his face tucked into the pillows, and he could just make out the faint smile. The same couldn't be said about George, who always looked angry while he slept, it was kind of funny seeing him look like he was constipated while he slept.

"Shower time." He said, looking at the bathroom door. Their clothes had all burned in the fire, so he was still in his shirt and sleep pants that smelled like smoke. He could get whiffs of it occasionally and he wasn't a fan.

Clays shirt was ruined, and it was funny because the only shirt they could get for him was one of the tourist shirts they sold at the hotel. It had a parrot and several palm trees in the background, with script letter that spelled out "Orlando". The shirt itself was a bright pink and it was two sizes too big. They all decided that once they woke up, they would go to Walmart and get some better outfits, but for now it was smoke stained and cheesy tourist shirts.

Nick stole the bathroom for the next 30 minutes to do what he needed. When he came out Clay was awake as well, scrolling on his phone with Patches in his lap.

"Hey!" Nick said, shagging his hair with a towel to get it dry. Clay looked up surprised, he never heard his friend leave the bathroom so he was startled to say the least. He waved with a little smile and immediately went back to his phone. It was painfully obvious he wasn't keen on talking, even though Nick was his confidant.

Nick let out a little sigh, unnoticeable, but still there. The last time something like this happened, Clay didn't talk for two weeks, and he didn't stream either. People had been worried for him, and they received no explanation for his little hiatus.

Nick just hoped that it wouldn't last as long. From what he could tell, what George had said last night really got to him, and it wasn't something Clay could "just sleep on" based on his current behavior.

"I'm gonna go downstairs and see about getting a cot. Were still going to Walmart later right? For clothes 'n stuff?" Nick asked, hanging the towel up before slipping on his shoes.

Clay only nodded, still keeping his eyes on his phone screen.

"Alright, I'll be back. Once George is up we should go. I really need out of this outfit, not something I want to be wearing." He said before grabbing his hotel key and leaving the room, not even bothering for a silent response.