Convention

Today was the day. Clay was shaking with excitement and anticipation. He was going to get on a flight and fly to Houston, where Twitch Con was being held. It was also conveniently located pretty close to Nicks house. Clay had his bag packed, and Patches was already at his moms, probably curled up in his sisters lap.

He made sure he had everything he needed, and then grabbed his luggage, his phone, and his plane ticket.

He was gonna reveal his face. He was going to meet his friends, some even for the first time. Better yet he was going to see George. See George in all of his beauty. He didn't have to see him through grainy webcams or horribly taken snapchat selfies.

He was going to be able to hold him in his arms once again. Maybe even tell him "I love you".

His feelings had cemented, and he was certain they wouldn't dwindle or go away any time soon. He only hoped George felt the same, because either way, Clay resolved to confess in the next month whether he could tell if George liked him back or not.

Soon enough he was out the door and in an Uber to the airport, sporting a pair of joggers and a light blue hoodie.

_______

Nick was packing up his car with a suitcase and several gifts he had gotten for everyone. He had one for Karl, one for Alex, some for others. Two extra large ones stuck out like a sore thumb. They were for Clay and George. He needed to thank his friends somehow, and since his house was 45 minutes from the convention center, he took the opportunity of being close by to his advantage.

He was nervous, but also excited.

But he also regretted saying yes to a suite with George and Clay. He was offered his own room but the other two had begged on their knees for him to stay with them.

"Please! The Dream team sleep over!" George had pleaded over a Team-speak call. "Yeah, Dream team sleepover. I miss you guys :(" Clay added in the chat.

"Were gonna be stuck together for a whole month, and you want a sleepover at the hotel."

"Yes! Please, please, please!" George plead. His accent emphasized his words as he begged. Nick had forgotten how childish the Brit could be, but this was a sharp reminder.

"Fine."

After that it was pretty much settled that they would give up their singles and tell the event organizers they would share a suite instead. Now he was on his way to the airport, to finally be reunited with his best friends.

He slid into the drivers seat of his car and started the engine, and then he was off.

_______

George was already on a plane, 10 minutes from landing in Houston. He had a duffel and a suitcase filled to the brim with clothes and other necessities.

He was jittery, everyone else on the plane was winding down, with their weak, normal people sleep schedules. However he was just now waking up, having his sleep schedule aligned with Nick and Clay.

Soon enough they landed on the runway, and the plane was unloading. George checked his phone for any notifications he missed, before reaching in the overhead and pulling out his duffel.

He was basically shaking, looking around the airport. Clay was waiting for him, somewhere close by. Wearing blue this time so he was easier to spot. George was ready to see him again, he started to notice all the times his heart fluttered when he heard the other speak. The way he was frozen by his voice, being infatuated with the little selfies his friend would send. He thought about his smile, and the way he imagined the hug would be.