Moving Day

Clay was woken up suddenly by his phone ringing obnoxiously at his bedside. He looked at it, wasn't a Discord call from Nick or George. An unknown number. He wasn't expecting a call from anyone that he knew of.

He figure he could pick it up and see if it was important. How he would handle it if the call was genuine?

He would get to that later.

He slid the green bar on his screen and put the phone up to his ear. No words, he just waited.

"Hello is this Clay [Redacted]? I'm calling with the furniture service to let you know that all of your furniture was delivered and placed in the locations that you specified." A lady over the phone sat and waited, hoping for a response.

Clay frantically kicked off his covers and rushed to his computer. He opened up a text to speech so that he could reply. He didn't want to bother his mother. Nick had originally made the call for him and he was probably asleep as well.

Once the TTS website was pulled up, he quickly put the phone on speaker and typed in his response.

"Sorry. This is Clay. Thank you." The male voice read out. "I am mute. Apologies."

Clay hoped that this didn't seem too suspicious. Thinking about it the lady over the phone probably assumed so but she disregarded it based on her reply.

"Alright. Have a lovely day." She said before hanging up the line. Clay shut his eyes and let out a heavy breath. He was an idiot.

Oh well. He had to get his things together to move back into his house.

He carefully collected his clothes that his mom had taken the time to clean and fold for him before he left. He carefully placed the expertly folded clothes into his suitcase, and with the extra room, he packed in a few of his desk accessories. He was able to shove his mic, his keyboard and his mouse in there with no issues. Other smaller things he had- like coasters and a desk mat- required more effort since room was getting sparse.

Eventually after a 30 minute struggle he was able to get everything in the suitcase, save for his monitors and PC box. But those could just be placed in the backseat of his moms car and carried in with little to no effort.

He stepped back with his hands on his hips and took a good look at his overstuffed case. It should be a piece of cake from there. He pulled out the handle of his suitcase and carefully rolled it from his room.

Patches had been watching his from the disheveled covers of the bed, but seeing him start to leave, she did the same, stretching out and following behind him like a shadow.

"Keys are on the island Clay, feel free to load up the car." Clays mom said from the dining room table. He nodded and spotted the keys splayed out over the marble counter. He quickly pulled them off the table top and walked to the garage door.

He noticed Patches slinking behind him so he held out a stern finger and made sure she didn't follow him out the door. He could hear a concerned meow break through the door and he laughed a little while opening the trunk to his moms SUV.

He quickly placed the suitcase into the trunk and made it back to the door.

Patches was sat looking up with those large curious eyes of hers, flicking her tail back and forth. When she realized that he was back she started purring, rubbing up against his leg. Clay quirked an eyebrow in response, looking confused at the cat.

He cared for her with all his heart, but her behavior confused him sometimes.

Once Patches was done, he ventured back up to his room, or the guest room, which it technically was. He crouched below his desk and spotted the outlet where everything was plugged in. He took care in removing each plug from the sockets of the electrical outlet, and once he was finished with that he pulled himself out from the desk.