Day 4

It was the second to last day, which always seemed to be the busiest and most packed day of any convention, since it was a Saturday and no one was working.

It was also the busiest day for those who were considered guests. All the streamers invited had days loaded with signings, panels, special events that they were asked to host. It was absolute chaos.

Clay and George were stuck at a signing table for a few hours, saying hi and writing their signatures on various objects, or even peoples arms. It wasn't as tiring as the day before, but the line was still as long, even bigger. The cheap plastic chairs made their backs hurt, and they could feel the thousands of signatures in their aching wrists.

They were also awkwardly scooting around each other, not having talked about last night, and letting the kiss fall to the back of their minds, but also constantly remembering it. It wasn't appropriate to talk about it the night before, Clay had a long day, and talking about their feelings didn't feel right. But they also couldn't just talk about it while they were approached by a new fan every 2 minutes.

They would have to wait until later in the day, when they were settled down in the hotel room. Because they couldn't let something like that go unspoken.

Nick peaked his head out from the curtain behind the two, which elicited a little bit of yelling from the massive crowd in front of them.

"Hey, love birds," he joked, knowing they would actually respond if he referred to them like that. Nobody except him and Karl knew about the kiss, and they joked about DNF all the time, but hearing that made Clay freak out a little. Even though it was a joke, and it would be taken as such, for some reason he believed that it would reveal the intimate moment he had with George the night before to the fans just in front of them. He didn't even know what they were exactly, he couldn't let the fans figure it out when he himself had no way of knowing.

"Panel starts in 15, ready to go?" Nick asked. They had a Dream SMP panel, with Wilbur, Tommy, Tubbo, Alex, and a few others.

Clay nodded, and slowly turned back around to grab his phone. George did the same, and they both waved to everyone waiting. The line was still abnormally large and Clay felt bad that yet again, he couldn't get to everyone. But they had to go, and that's what they did.

They were escorted by a security crew, just to make sure they didn't have a repeat of yesterday. The panel itself wasn't too far, so they got there in a 7 minute walk, with 8 minutes to get a snack, and prepare for the hour ahead.

The panel itself was packed, but despite that it was very lowkey and they all had a good time. Tommy said something funny, as he normally did, Wilbur laughed and put it in his quote book. They answered questions about where the SMP was going, and what the writing process was like.

They talked about what they would be doing if they didn't have the SMP. What they would do if YouTube wasn't their career. Then somehow the conversation switched over to shipping, which made George and Clay sit back and watch. This was too soon.

"Yeah, honestly if you ask me, Dream is a bigger DNF shipper than the fans. Its so funny. You should see him talking about kissing George." Nick had an insufferable smirk on his face. George and Clay turned red, and they both tried to mask the awkward tension between themselves by laughing along.

But they hesitated, and it was obvious to the people watching.

They really needed to talk about it.

Soon enough the panel was over, and they were in the back chugging down water bottles, and eating whatever snacks that were left.

"I am 6'3"!" Tommy yelled, arguing with Wilbur who was now on Clays side when it came to Tommy's height.

"You wish shorty, Dream says." Nick interpreted, as his friend teased Tommy a little more. Tommy's gaze drifted in Clays direction, and Clay pretended to be scared and surprised, holding up his hands in surrender. "I'll show you short Dream, just you wait!" Tommy said aggressively, but it still had a playful lilt to it.

They all broke out into laughter. Despite how tired and sore they felt, they were having the time of their lives together.

Soon enough everyone was back in their own rooms yet again, winding down in the comfort of their beds. They planned to get together and have some drinks (for those who drank) and celebrate their last night together, as well as a very successful year.

But first, two people in particular needed to have a chat, and that's exactly what they were gonna do.

And of course Nick was ruining the moment, munching on some chips.

"Sapnap, do you mind?" George asked, looking at him. Nick looked over with wide eyes, still holding a chip in his fingers. "Oh fine, you guys talk your feelings out of whatever, I'll just go third wheel in the other room I guess." Nick said in a mopey tone. He wandered out of the room, to somewhere else.

"So." George said, looking over at Clay, who nodded, obviously avoiding any form of eye contact.

"How long?" George asked, wondering about how long Clay had felt this way.

Clay just shrugged. He didn't really know exactly how long he had feelings for George. He only just realized what exactly they were a few months ago.

"What are we?" George asked.

Clay's eyes cemented onto the floor as he sat in thought.

What were they?

Clay shifted down at his hands, which hadn't stopped fiddling with his hoodie strings out of nervous habit. He let out a large sigh before starting his response,

"I'm not sure. All I know is that I have feelings for you, and if you want to try this out, I wouldn't mind trying either." Clay replied, in a quiet hush. For the first time during that conversation, he looked into Georges eyes and he saw the other staring back at him curiously.

They weren't in love per say. But there was something more there, something stronger than a platonic love for each other. They could see it in each others eyes, a look of longing.

They didn't know exactly what they were at that moment in time, but they certainly could imagine what they would become.

A|N

EDIT: I didnt think this would become an issue, but it seems like people are taking a sentence of this chapter in the wrong context. please do not sexualize Tommy. i dont care it you are also a minor, i am not and it makes me uncomfortable that people are taking my words in the wrong context. Tommy has also expressed his discomfort with this and i fully intend on supporting his wishes. im deleting the comments and im removing the line.

Anyways just an FYI there are only 3 chapters planned after the convention is over so this story ends soon!  I hope you guys like it so far and that you continue to enjoy it through the end. Dunno if what I have planned will stir any emotions but be ready for some kind of rollercoaster ig.

all feedback is encouraged and appreciated!

- wowie