Board Games

George was going to see Clays face...

Days came and went, turning weeks into a month. A month where plans were made and George and Nick where scheduled to show up at Clay's house in the next 24 hours. 

It was really happening.

Clay still wasn't exactly comfortable talking with his other friend just yet. He was able to join a call every once and a while, and during these calls he was able to get a few overly anxious words out. For many it would seem weak, but to the trio, it was everything. Clay was slowly writing another name on his very short list, and Nick was ecstatic because after years of trying to get his friend to open up it finally worked. 

He just hoped something wouldn't happen and make his friend shut down again like he did so many years ago.

Clay was humming to himself while setting up a couple of the guest rooms in his house. They weren't anything fancy but he enjoyed doing the mundane activity while he listened to music. He was honestly really excited. His feelings for George had evolved as they talked more and more. George was really easy to talk to, and that was one of the reasons he was able to start speaking to him in calls in the first place.

He just hoped that George felt the same way about him. He wasn't dying to confess his feelings, he was afraid they would change after meeting his friend in person. Was George even, you know? Was Clay even?

He shook off the thought and continued to make the bed, leaving plenty of pillows and blankets to suit Nicks liking. They were here for a couple weeks, he even went so far to have gaming set ups in the rooms so that they could record or stream over the vacation as not to worry the people who watched their content. 

Nick was going to arrive in 3 hours or so, 3 hours to kill. He was almost finished with the rooms and he had nothing else to prepare so he mulled over different ideas of things to occupy himself. There wasn't much to do really, just watch TV or play a game on his PC. He remember that football season had started so he could just watch one of the ongoing games for a while before he had to go pick up Nick from the airport.

The minutes melted together and he had no focus on the game in front of himself. Time seemed to pass like honey pouring out of a jar. Slow and painfully boring. Even the football game couldn't keep him entertained. But eventually the time came where he had to go get his friend. 

He made sure he had the keys and everything he needed. He even went so far as to get one of those cheesy poster boards and write his friends name on it. He didn't dare write Sapnap, that would be a dead giveaway as to who he was, and his face reveal would come eventually but not in the next two weeks. 

He opened the driver side door to the car he rented for the occasion and started the 30 minute drive to the airport, sitting through traffic and angry drivers who shouldn't have really even been on the road. 

The airport was busier than the roads, people flying in from all over to visit the theme park only 20 minutes away. It was the middle of summer and Clay always hated how crowded it got during tourist season. But he was stubborn, he liked it in Florida and probably wouldn't leave for a while. 

He managed to find a spot and parked at the exit, waiting for the flights passengers to make their way out of the airport. He held the sign in one hand while looking down at his phone, texting his friend to see where he was at. 

Eventually a hoard of people disbanded at the large sliding doors and Clay looked up at the excited chatter that was emitted. His eyes darted around when he spotted his friend, awkwardly stood with a suitcase in tow, his eyes lit up at the sight and he smiled. Nick caught his happy gaze and started to rush over.