Value

"Dream I swear to all that is holy. Stop being so clingy." George said, shoving Clays head off of himself. They were laid up in one of the beds at the house they rented, with the TV in the background. They weren't focused on whatever was playing, just spending time with each other doing nothing in particular. 

George had been released from the hospital two days ago, and he was stuck in the bed with a broken leg. He wouldn't be allowed to walk around regardless, but the cast that swallowed his leg was a constant reminder that he was trapped in the bed. He was at the mercy of Clay and Nick. 

(He of course had a more extensive list of injuries which is the reason he was on a form of bed rest but the author doesn't feel like figuring out what they are so we'll pretend they're bad enough that he is confined to the bed.)

Clay looked up at George, with his puppy dog eyes and a little pout. George just rolled his eyes and let Clay nestle his head back onto Georges shoulder. He had his hands held in his own lap, thumbs rubbing together to keep his mind occupied.

But then he lifted his head back up, on his own accord, just to look at George. He looked at the unkempt hair, his little beard that had started to grow. Clay of course had one of his own, since he didn't have his dominant hand able to shave it properly. 

He looked at the dark blue cast on Georges leg, which had a penis drawn on it because Nick snuck in late at night with a sharpie to give them both a little "get well soon" notes. And while the idea was sweet, it was immediately ruined by the phallic symbols that were now permanently etched onto the plaster. 

George turned his head towards Clay, thinking he had a question or something.

"What?" He asked as he looked at the other in confusion. Clay shook his head and continued to stare. The only things running through his head was how he almost lost George. How much he really loved him. 

"You are being so weird. What pain meds did they put you on?" George asked looking at the infatuated look on Clays face. "Just ibuprofen..." Clay replied. They barely gave him anything when he left the hospital, so he was taking plenty of ibuprofen to help subside the pain and ache his body felt. 

"Mhmm..." George said, turning his head back to the TV again. 

They settled back into each other for a few more minutes, absently watching the soap opera playing on the TV, even though they weren't actually absorbing the plot or anything the characters were saying. 

"Dream!" Nick called from somewhere in the house. Clay groaned, knowing his friend was trying to do something stupid and needed help with it. 

Clay got up, slipping out of Georges arms to help Nick with whatever he need to do. Probably something dangerous knowing him.

"What do you need Sap?" Clay asked, spotting him in the kitchen. "You're talkative today aren't you?" Nick said, behind the island counter. "Just in a good mood I guess..." Clay said, a little quieter before, thinking he did something wrong. 

"No no! Its not a bad thing! I just wasn't expecting it!" Nick said nervously, scratching the back of his neck. He didn't want his friend to just stop talking again. His recovery attempt seemed to work because Clay bounced back to his previous mood.

"What did you need anyways?" Clay asked, moving closer to the kitchen. "I made breakfast!" Nick said cheerily, showing the plated pancakes and cut up fruit on the stove. 

"And you made me come out here for that?" Clay asked. Nick nodded happily as he wobbled over to the fridge pulling out the butter and setting it down next to a bottle of syrup. He was still getting used to the boot so his movements had been very uncoordinated and he couldn't walk properly.