Sang... the Hallmark Movie ~ Part 2

The Office of Owen Blackbourne, Esq... 10 am, December 16th.

Owen fussed with organizing his office. He didn't need to, it was impeccably clean, as usual. Everything was in its place and he was fully prepared and ready for his meeting with Ms. Sang Sorenson. He glanced at his watch, hoping she wasn't the sort to be late for meetings. Their meeting was set for fifteen after for a reason.

He did that often.

It gave him a chance to see how someone reacted to a challenge, they just didn't always know or realize that a challenge had been issued.

Was it fair?

Not always.

But it had certainly allowed him to decide about if he needed to take a case or client on.

Surprisingly, he'd taken on Marie Sorenson as a client despite the fact she was always late. The case stood out to him after she'd spilled the details on what she wanted and needed to happen. It was for Sang that he took the case.

Took it on pro bono even.

Once he'd started to dig into the information that Marie had provided, going as far as to get his tech contacts on the trail in order to find the nonexistent girl, well, what they eventually managed to uncover had been intriguing and he couldn't wait to meet her in person.

But Marie had insisted that there was to be no contact of any sort until after she'd been gone for a month.

He'd just started a new pot of coffee when he heard the door to his outer office open, the bell that Sean had insisted was a necessity clanging merrily as the door shut behind his visitor. He headed out of his office, a faint smile playing on his face as he studied her. "Good afternoon, Miss Sorenson."

Sang had spent a good five minutes checking that her makeup was all right before she paced outside of his office for ten more minutes, suddenly unsure and not wanting to go in at all. She wasn't sure why.

His voice certainly had been sending shivers down her spine since the first time they'd spoke.

His appearance? She had no doubt that he could leave opposing council a mess after a good cross examination or after pointed questions during a deposition. He was intimidating to look at but impeccably dressed and his office hammered that impression home.

It was a very nice office. Completely organized and somewhat comfortable.

She was a corporate lawyer. She was used to cold offices and even chillier boardrooms. This was vastly different from her normal legal landscape.

She removed her sunglasses, tucking them into her bag before offering him a smile. "Good morning, Mr. Blackbourne. I apologize for being early but I wasn't sure if you'd be busy or not this morning. I certainly didn't want to be late as I'm not at all familiar with the area."

He shook his head. "It's perfectly fine. We can get started early if you'd like."

"That would be fine." She agreed, moving into his office as he motioned her to proceed. Owen couldn't help the way his gaze had swept her body, taking in the trim blazer and pencil skirt clinging to her curvy hips. His eyes almost bugged out at the height of the stiletto heels she was wearing. He'd never been a leg man before but her legs were amazing. He shook his head slightly and blinked before following her into the office.

"Coffee? Water?" he offered.

"Nothing right now, thank you." She said, taking a seat in front of his desk.

He studied her as he went about prepping a cup of coffee for himself, it was probably rude and someone would be contacting him shortly to retrieve his southern gentleman's card and revoke his membership in the club for drinking something when she had declined his offer. But he needed the small shred of time it allowed him to take her in.