Lots of Tiny Twinkling Lights

I settled into my seat in the middle of the SUV and buckled my seatbelt before Kota could remind me to do so. "Where are we going?" I asked, glancing at him.

He exchanged a glance with Nathan and then glanced to either side of me at Sean and Gabriel.

"C'mon." I practically whined. "You've all been full of surprises all day and I just want to know where we're going."

Sean chuckled and stretched out, putting his arm around my shoulders. "Is that how it's been today?"

"Yes." I grumbled before pouting at him.

"Oi, Trouble. Don't pull that girly shit that you're so good at." Gabriel reached over and poked his finger at my lower lip. "You trust us, right?"

"Of course, Meanie." I said, shifting to look at him. "I just want to know."

"We'll tell you but a little later when we get closer, Peanut."

I huffed a sigh and crossed my arms as I settled back into my seat. "Fine, Honey." I huffed.

Sean laughed and kissed my temple. "You're so cute when you get your nose bent out of shape at us." He said, tweaking my nose.

I rolled my eyes at him before smiling and resting my head on his shoulder. "Okay." I said softly. "I'll try to be patient."

Nathan chuckled. "Yeah, like you're any good at that." He teased before hitting the buttons on the radio to find the Christmas music station he knew I liked.

"I can try though." I said.

Kota smiled. "You sure can, Ten. We'll distract you with music and talk about the rest of the Christmas plans while we drive."

I laughed softly. "I'd like that a lot. There are a few details we need to work out this year."

Gabriel jumped in on the conversation and we started to discuss the plans we had and the ones we still needed to work out. Nathan recorded some of the notes on his phone as Gabriel continuously jotted down notes on his as well.

It was almost two hours later when I raised my head from Sean's shoulder. "So, are we almost there yet and are you going to tell me where we're going yet?" I asked. "Because if we aren't going to be there soon then I need to ask for a bathroom stop." I quickly added before anyone could tell me no to my questions.

"Ah, yes, I can see where that would be necessary." Sean said, giving me a squeeze and kissing my temple again.

"Soo?" I smiled at him. He glanced over my head in one of those classic silent conversations with Kota in the rear-view mirror.

"Yes. Oi, Trouble. Yes, we'll tell you now." Gabriel interrupted, and I turned slightly to look at him.

"Okay." I smiled.

"Yes, we're almost there so we don't need to stop for a bathroom break." He said.

"And where are we going?"

Nathan laughed. "We're going to the zoo. They have a lighting thing for Christmas every year."

"We're going to the zoo?" I gasped.

Kota frowned and glanced over his shoulder for a moment. "Have you ever been to a zoo?"

I shrugged. "Maybe once or twice when I was little. I think we went in Kindergarten and first grade on field trips." I frowned. "But then again, maybe I missed them because I can't seem to remember going."

Sean hugged me again. "Well then, tonight is all about new memories. We're going to be early enough to go visit the exhibits and then get a hot drink or something to eat before the lights are turned on."