One Horse Open Sleigh... err... Carriage

I paced back and forth by my bed, one finger coming up to press my lips back against my teeth. I was confused about the plans for tonight.

I probably shouldn't have worried.

But confusion still, often, worked to make me worried instead of feeling confident that my husbands knew what they were doing.

I took a deep breath and held it for a few seconds before slowly exhaling and studying the clothes that Gabriel had laid out on the bed for me.

It was really such a shame that over 6 years later, he still dressed me for anything and any reason. So, it was time to analyze.

First up... color.

If I was having a date with one of them alone, then the clothes laid out would tailor to their favorite colors. If it was going to be a group outing for myself with two or more of them, then it was usually always pink that was prominent.

I snuck a look at the bed.

Hmm. Was that white with silver or white with gray?

I shook my head and stepped over to the side of the bed. "White and silver." I murmured, my fingers reaching out to gently touch the fabric.

Mmm... cashmere.

A smile curved the corners of my lips up.

Victor.

If it was gray cashmere, it would be Owen, but it is definitely white. I hurried to change out of the yoga pants and tank top I was wearing and dressed quickly in the white outfit there. Nothing too formal, it seemed because it wasn't a skirt that was left for me but a rather nice pair of white skinny jeans. Paired with the white cashmere sweater that featured a deep v-neckline. I was grateful for the silver camisole to wear underneath it as it added a nice touch of lace to cover my cleavage.

I was surprised and happy to see that I was going to be able to wear flats tonight and not only that, but they were silver sequined converse sneakers. I sat down and pulled on the socks that were left out and quickly tied up my shoes.

It only took a few moments for me to fix my make-up and add a touch of silver eyeliner and a shimmery pale pink lip gloss. I headed down the stairs to find Gabriel waiting for me.

"Oi, Trouble." He shook his head. "Nice eyeliner but you can't wear the clip."

"Oh, Meanie..." I frowned and pouted at him, trying to get my way.

"Nope." He shook his head. "And tuck that pouty lip away. Trust me, you'll like it."

I scrunched my nose up at him. "Okay." I finally said, letting him push me down into a chair.

He took the clip out and somehow created wavy curls in my hair with just a hairbrush. He was right of course, I wasn't at all mad about not being able to use the clip when he put a silver and white beanie hat on my head and helped me into a coat that was mostly gray but had a fleece lining. He stepped back and tilted his head before reaching out to shift a few of the curls to a different spot before he zipped my coat for me and handed me a pair of gloves. "There. All done and you're ready on time." He smiled.

"I love it." I breathed, moving over to check my reflection in the mirror. "Oh, Gabriel." I sighed.

He grinned at me. "Don't cry." He said. "Vic will kill me if you cry because you look pretty."

"I'm not crying." I denied before wiping away a few tears away. "My eyes are leaking."

He snorted. "Fine. That's the story." He smiled and handed me a silver cross body bag as there was a knock on the door. "That's for you. Have fun, Trouble and wear the gloves if your hands get cold." He kissed the back of my hand before he opened the door for me.

I gaped in surprise at the uniformed man standing there. "Hello."

"Sang Morgan?"

I nodded, silently.

"Your carriage awaits, Milady." He bowed at the waist before shifting aside and motioning towards our driveway.

Where a horse and carriage waited, and I could see Victor standing next to the carriage, waiting for me.

"Oh, my word." I murmured before throwing a look over my shoulder at Gabriel.

"Have fun." He said, giving me a nudge. Well, a push... out the door before he slammed it shut behind me.

I glanced at the driver. "Thank you." I said quickly before taking off down the front walk and practically flying into Victor's arms.

To be honest, he'd been out of town on a combination mission and charity performance, so it had been almost a week since I'd seen him.

"Princess, you look beautiful."

"Thank you." I said before wrapping my arms around his neck and tugging his head down towards me so that I could kiss him.

He willingly kissed me before pulling away with a chuckle. "We haven't even taken our carriage ride yet."

I beamed at him as he helped me up into the carriage before following me in and settling in the seat next to me, pulling a plaid blanket over our laps. "Where are we going?"

Victor smiled and reached for me, pulling me into his arms before kissing me gently. "We are going on a horse drawn carriage tour of historical Charleston."

"I've always wanted to do that!"

He chuckled. "I know, Princess." He said, making sure I was comfortable with the blanket tucked around us. "And then we're going to have a nice dinner before we make an appearance at an Academy Christmas Eve party."

My eyes widened. "Am I dressed okay for that?" I asked. Usually when we were headed to an event I would be dressed in something far fancier than pants.

Especially if I was going to be on Victor's or Owen's arm.

"You are absolutely perfect as always."

"Thank you, Victor."

He pressed a kiss to my cheek and reached into a box at his side and handed me a pink tumbler before pulling out his own white tumbler. "To a lovely evening with my Princess." He said, clinking our tumblers together. He smiled at my confusion. "Just taste it."

I took a cautious sip before smiling. "Yum. Peppermint cocoa." I took another sip before tucking my arm around his and settled in to enjoy our tour of historic Charleston under the Christmas lights that were tacked up all over town. When I got cold, he snuggled me closer and tucked the blanket up more around me.

It was a very romantic date and I loved that he'd thought of it. "Victor." I murmured, glancing up at him. "I love this time with you."

His eyes lit up with that fiery look he's been giving me since we were sixteen. "I love it too, Princess."

I beamed at him and stretched up a tiny bit to kiss him.

He cupped my cheek gently before kissing me back, pulling away and dropping a quick kiss on the tip of my nose.

I giggled softly. "Merry Christmas."

"Merry Christmas, Princess."

~ Fade ~