Sang... the Hallmark Movie ~ Part 1

A/N: A recent welcome note on the TAFF fb page was basically a choose your own adventure Hallmark Movie based on shirt color, initials and what you last ate or some combination sort of like that. I mentioned that I'd read mine and someone countered to ask if I'd write it... so... there's that. You can thank SilasAggeleMou for the 'dare'... lol. I certainly could have done one HUGE post but personally... it's easier to build in a few commercial breaks. (which also allows me to plot and plan the next ... likely 2... parts. So please enjoy, and here's the premise... with a slight edit to remove the pandemic lockdown because I didn't want to put an age on the story that would mark it as irrelevant to any other time than 2020...lol...

An overworked, childless Sang, corporate lawyer, returns to her hometown, to enjoy the life she ran away from. Against her better judgement, she falls in love with the most interesting men in the world. Together, they learn the true meaning of Christmas.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

Sunnyvale Court... 12 pm... December 15...

Sang pulled up along the curb, studying the house she'd run away from on a dark and stormy night, fifteen years ago. It still didn't look like much and had definitely not been kept well.

The yard was overgrown and shaggy, heavy with weeds and unkempt flowerbeds. The paint was peeling and the trees looked dead.

"Funny... I'm sure it would have looked great if their live-in slave had been around." She mumbled before glancing around the neighborhood. She wondered if the people that had lived there before were still there. She vaguely remembered seeing some boys around the neighborhood and a little girl a few years younger at one point or another.

She gave the house another cursory look before putting her car back in gear and heading to the diner she'd spotted up around the curve when she'd first driven through the neighborhood. It hadn't been a diner when she ran away. It had been a church; she was pretty sure.

The diner didn't appear to be too busy and she easily found a parking spot. She shouldered her messenger bag as she got out, locking the doors and setting the alarm before heading inside the diner. She had some work to do because corporate attorneys didn't really take time off.

They just managed to work remotely when they had work to do that didn't require visiting the local courtroom.

And she'd not taken a vacation hour in years so when she'd gotten word that she was required to make an appearance back on good old Sunnyvale Court, well, it had intrigued her.

She was pretty sure there wasn't anything good about to come from being here.

She had a sneaking suspicion she was here for a will reading or something but the caller had been rather vague.

The voice though...

Yeah, the voice had shot shivers down her spine.

She had spent hours analyzing the shivers. Were they good? Were they bad? She wasn't sure and that bugged her to no end. She'd been sure about everything since she ran away from here. There hadn't been an opportunity to not be sure. She had come to the decision that it was a fairly okay shiver. She just really was filled with a desire to know more about Mr. Owen Blackbourne, attorney at law.

"Hi! Welcome to Bob's diner."

Sang blinked, surprised by the perky greeting. "Hi, just one." She smiled back at the hostess.

"No problem. I'm Jessica... I'll also be your server today." She said, leading Sang to a booth towards the back of the diner. "I've never seen you here, are you new?"