Letter to Santa

Dear Santa:

How are you? I'm well. I'm pretty sure I'm on the nice list but just in case, Santa, trust me.

I can explain.

I didn't mean to set Kota's dog, Max on the mailman. I thought he was a spy. But Max stopped when we called him back.

Also, all the times I climbed the counters and cupboards in Erica's kitchen were for a good reason. I needed to get cookies. I always shared them with Jess. Usually she was crying and she asked me to get them for her.

Not that I'm throwing Kota's baby sister under a bus or anything.

She's an angel. She's awesome for a girl.

Uncle says that I should have grown out of my monkey phase by now but how can I tell him that I've decided not to grow up?

Adults don't have any fun and often it seems like they decide they don't want to adult anymore and end up leaving kids behind.

I swear I don't want a mom of my own anymore. Erica's always there to give me a hug or lecture me for something I did. It's enough for me.

All I want for Christmas this year... is chocolate.

Well, maybe a new iPod. The last one got smashed when I hung upside down in a tree in Kota's back yard and it fell out of my pocket.

Splat.

No more iPod for me.

And, well, if it's not too much to ask, I still wouldn't mind being a big brother.

Love,

Luke

Monkey climber extraordinaire

Age 11