Shopping Nightmare

This extremely short story is also located in Flash Fan Fiction and Other Oddities. I decided it was time for cross posting as people seem to want to wait until things are marked as Complete.  Well... I'm allowed 200 chapters in any WP so I actually have a lot of anthology type stories that will  take a while to be Complete... lol. So enjoy it again!

****
Owen pulled his phone out, checking his shopping list a final time when the phone rang. "Blackbourne." He answered without looking at who was calling.

"Green." Sean said, a laugh in his voice. "How's the big Blackbourne Black Friday shopping trip?"

Owen groaned softly. "Don't ask."

"Okay. Can you go to Macy's for me? I'll text you the details but they have the perfect gift for Pookie Baby."

Owen pinched the bridge of his nose. What could Sean possibly have found for Sophia? He hoped it wasn't a huge stuffed giraffe or something like that. What a nightmare...

"Are you there?"

"Physically, yes. Mentally is debatable."

Sean laughed. "So you're pretty much going to nope right out of any shopping trips in the years to come?"

"Something like that." Owen agreed. "Tell me why I offered to go this year?"

Sean snorted. "Offered, my ass. You went all bossy and demanding and told Sang she wasn't going if you weren't going. She batted her pretty green eyes at you and next thing we knew, you were collecting lists and going shopping."

"It just didn't seem prudent to let two heavily pregnant women go shopping on their own on a day like today." He countered. Jessica and Sang were around somewhere, looking for things on their lists.

"They did just fine two years ago when they were both pregnant the last time." Sean said, patiently. "Raven, Corey, Luke and Gabriel were perfectly fine escorts."

"Yeah, well..." Owen shrugged, even though Sean couldn't see it. "That was last time."

Sean laughed. "Get over it." He advised. "Text me when you're able to get the gift I sent for Sophia."

"Fine." Owen grumbled before hanging up. He switched to his text messages, eying the play kitchen set that Sean had sent over. "Not too bad." He muttered, sending a message to Sang before gathering the bags he was carrying and heading back into the fray towards Macy's.

~Fade~