Christmas Day For The Cubs

This extremely short story is also located in Flash Fan Fiction and Other Oddities. I decided it was time for cross posting as people seem to want to wait until things are marked as Complete. Well... I'm allowed 200 chapters in any WP so I actually have a lot of anthology type stories that will take a while to be Complete... lol. So enjoy it again!
~ ~ ~ ~

Uncle came up and stood next to Erica, studying the chaos that was her living room on Christmas day. "I've never fully said thank you for doing this." He glanced at her, nudging his shoulder into hers.

She turned to look at him, Jessica shifted in her arms to look at him as well. "Ben, you know darn well you don't have to thank me for it. I love doing it. And look at them... they're all happy." She said, before glancing back at the way their small pack of cubs were opening presents and already starting to play with the Lego sets that Santa had dropped off for them overnight. "You make sure they get the best gifts."

"You make sure they have a family Christmas." He countered, reaching out to adjust Jessica's hold on the rag doll she'd received from Santa. He smiled at the toddler before chucking her under the chin and making her giggle. "I know Luke wouldn't get that if it wasn't for you." He said, knowing this year would have been even harder on Gabriel and Nathan this year as well since they had lost their mothers this past year. "The others either."

"Well, thank you, I guess." She murmured before setting Jessica down and watching as her daughter made her way to plop down by Kota. "Your dinner donation was greatly appreciated today." She said.

He'd made sure to drop off the prepped food for a holiday feast first thing in the morning when he'd dropped the Santa presents by. He shrugged. "Wasn't a problem. I enjoy doing it." He said lightly. "Did you already have dessert?"

"We did. The pies were excellent."

"What's with all these well behaved children? I'm trying to convince them to sneak extra dessert and no one's taking it?"

"Don't you dare..." She cautioned before Luke popped right up and ran to him.

"Extra dessert, Uncle?"

Ben chuckled, scooping him up. "Yes, you should see what I found in the kitchen..."

"What?" Luke put his hands on his cheeks, staring straight into Ben's eyes. "Is it cookies? Cream puffs?" his eyes lit up.

Ben laughed again before motioning to all the boys, and Jessica before heading to the kitchen. "Would you be upset if it was peppermint cream puffs with chocolate ganache?" he asked, setting Luke down.

"No!" Came the chorus from the boys as they scrambled to grab a seat at the table. Erica leaned against the doorway, a smile on her face as Jessica was helped into her chair by Victor. Everyone settled in patiently, thanking Ben politely for the extra dessert he placed in front of them.

Christmas always managed to be the best day ever for her cubs. She vowed to make sure it stayed that way.

~Fade~