Vespa Santa

"I have an idea..." 

"That often gets me into trouble, Trouble."

Sang rolled her eyes. "You won't get in trouble, Meanie." She kissed his cheek.

"If your sure...?"

"I'm sure. Now, can I tell you my idea?"

"Of course." He set aside the fabric he was working with and leaned against the counter, arms crossed over his chest. "What's the idea about anyway?"

"Christmas. I found this figurine... it would be so much fun to decorate with but I know you probably already have plan for this year." She said.

He snorted. "Trouble, you know I make my holiday plans two years ahead. We've been planned for this year, for sure."

Sang rolled her eyes at him. "So then I thought that it would be a lot of fun to turn into real life and go visit our neighborhood."

His blue eyes narrowed at her. "What's the figurine?" he asked, suspiciously.

She pulled out her phone, tapping at the screen until she was able to show him the picture she'd taken of it. "Look, it's brilliant. Santa on a Vespa." She grinned at him.

His eyes narrowed on the picture. "And the idea?" he asked.

"Oh, it's great." She enthused. "You'll be dressed as Santa and head into the neighborhood on your scooter to deliver holiday gifts and treats to the kids in the neighborhood."

He pursed his lips. "I have to do it?"

"Oh, please. For me?"

"I'm not exactly sure how that's going to work out. Presents for all the kids won't fit on my scooter." He stated.

"I was thinking that the rest of us would have the presents and food gifts in the truck and can help give out the gifts because you know we have things for the parents as well." Sang said.

"So if I'm Santa on the scooter, are you going to be my elf?"

She pursed her lips. "Is it going to be a super corny elf costume? It has to be tasteful." She arched an eyebrow at him.

"As if I'd ever put you in anything not tasteful." Gabriel put a hand over his heart. "Stop, I'm getting overwhelmed." He grinned before leaning forward and kissing her. "Trouble, I'd do anything you wanted." He admitted. "You know that."

"I do." She smiled. "So yes? You'll be a Santa on a Scooter?"

"Yes, Trouble." He sighed. "I'm happy to be your Santa on a Scooter this year."

"Yay!" She hugged him, kissing him with a smacking kiss. "it's going to be amazing. Love you!" She chirped before rushing out of the room. Gabriel watched her leave with a smile on his face.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Weekend Before Christmas...

Gabriel adjusted the wig and beard slightly before putting a Santa Hat on his head. "Do I look okay?"

Luke grinned, pushing the pillow into place so that it made Gabriel have a more rounded belly that could shake like a bowl full of jelly. "You look great. Happy to be an elf today, bro." He adjusted the green hat he was wearing.

"I think Trouble had a really good idea. Just because I'm on the scooter doesn't mean we can't manage to do this every year. We could take turns being Santa." Gabriel said as Sang came over to them. "Ah, my favorite elf of all." He smiled.

"Hey, Santa..." Sang grinned before kissing his cheek.

"Did you want to sit on my lap and tell me what you want for Christmas." He wiggled his eyebrows at her. "You should see the candy cane I have for you..."

Her face bloomed to a brilliant shade of pink. "Meanie!!!" She hissed, before she giggled. "We can discuss that later." She mumbled when she caught the look on Luke's face.

He grinned at her. "I'll let you talk then." He said before taking off and heading to the truck to meet up with the other elves.

"Ready, favorite elf?" Gabriel smiled, swinging his leg over and settling in on the scooter.

"Ready!" Sang settled behind him, wrapping her arms around his waist. They were't going very far, they'd set up in a parking lot around the corner. There was a wreath on the front of the scooter and North had extracted a solemn promise... under pain of death... that Gabriel was going to be going less than 5 miles an hour while Sang was on the back of the scooter. "I can't wait to see the kids faces."

"Me either." Gabriel agreed as he started the scooter and they took off at a slow roll down the street, making the turn and heading towards where the residents of their street were assembled and ready to greet Santa and his crew.

Music rang out as the truck with the rest of the family in it turned on the speakers North had rigged up so that Christmas music could be played. The kids got excited, and they could see them already starting to bounce and cheer in excitement as they got closer.

They ended up spending the entire afternoon hanging out. The kids were excited when they saw North and Silas as well as Santa. Silas was put to work as entertainment to keep the kids happy when they were waiting in line to visit Santa and get their present. They had managed to find out from the parents what the number one thing was that the kids each wanted and bought it. So, the gift they were given, immediately after talking to Santa was the gift they'd just asked for. There was a lot of screaming and tears and heartfelt thank you's given as the kids were given permission to open the presents right away.

Owen and Sean had been busy while the kids were distracted and met up with each homeowner on their porch and handed over a large box filled with everything they'd need to cook their holiday meal. Sang and Luke had insisted on a few things as being important so there were even gingerbread house kits, fudge kits and the supplies to make and decorate sugar cookies. In a few cases, there were new ornaments for the trees because there had been decorations broken the year before.

They ended up staying so long that they phoned in a pizza order and turned the entire thing into an impromptu block party. Sang was pleased because it was a unanimous decision between their entire family and the parents that this would be an annual event, just like Thanksgiving dinner.

"Thank you for being the Santa on a scooter." Sang hugged Gabriel close.

"My pleasure, Trouble. It was a lot of fun but someone else can absolutely have the honor next year."

"We'll draw straws." She smiled. "Maybe one year we can even just have Mrs. Claus handle everything."

Gabriel laughed. "That would be awesome. You'd be a beautiful Mrs. Claus." He laced his fingers through hers, the costumes had been removed after lunch and his scooter was loaded into the truck so they were going to meet the others back in the parking lot to go home. "Merry Christmas, Sang."

"Merry Christmas, Gabriel." She beamed at him, leaning over and kissing his cheek while they walked. 

~fade~