10 Pipers Piping

This extremely short story is also located in Flash Fan Fiction and Other Oddities. I decided it was time for cross posting as people seem to want to wait until things are marked as Complete.  Well... I'm allowed 200 chapters in any WP so I actually have a lot of anthology type stories that will  take a while to be Complete... lol. So enjoy it again!
********

Jessica eyed the path of destruction that was once a rather pristine kitchen.

“What’s on your mind?” Luke tugged a stray hair out of her ponytail, winding it around his finger.

She flashed a slightly annoyed glance at him. “Just thinking that for bakers, the 12 days of Christmas has a totally different meaning as far as the 10th day of Christmas goes.”

“And what’s that?” he asked.

She waved a hand, encompassing her six husbands, Corey, Raven, Gabriel and Sean. “Ten pipers piping.” She said as they were all holding piping bags of icing but looked as if they were wearing more icing than the cookies on the countertops.

Luke snorted. “That would be much better than bagpipes or flutes…” he said. “What’s really on your mind?” he raised an eyebrow at her. She sighed.

“Is it still murder if I give them a head’s up?”

“That’s a threat.”

“Damn.”

Luke laughed. “Aw, Jessie… I’ll help you clean up the kitchen once we manage to corral them and relieve them of their piping bags. How long do you think we should give them to play?”

“Not too long. There’s about to be another icing fight and I really don’t want to deal with it.” She said, stretching out her back. The action made her baby belly poke out beneath her apron and she rested a hand on it. “Baby doesn’t like messy.” She grinned at him.

He chuckled. “Just for that, I’m going to kick them out now and just handle clean up. You’ve been on your feet too long today.”

“I can’t ask you to do that. It was my idea to do this here.”

“Better than at your bakery.” He countered, raising his voice to talk to the guys. “Time’s up, piping bags down, carefully remove your aprons and get the heck out of my kitchen.” Seven sets of eyes, Jessica’s husbands and Raven’s, shot to Jessica in panic before they nodded and followed Luke’s instructions. He rested a hand on her head. “And ya’ll are going to take her home, put her feet up and rub them if you know what’s good for you.”

“Maybe professional Russian should make sure they follow through.”

Jessica smiled when her husbands chorused a unanimous NO before they all did what Luke said, taking off aprons and gathering stuff so that they could leave. 

~Fade~