Family Pajamas

"What are you looking for now?" Sang asked Jessica, watching as her sister in law looked over her shopping list again.

"Pajamas." Jessica nodded when Sang gave her an incredulous look.

"Pajamas?" she echoed.

"Yup, good old, matching jammies for the family photos this year."

"How in the world are you going to pull that one off?"

"Pull what on?" Raven's English was still rather heavily accented and Jessica suspected that it was simply to give the impression that he didn't understand much English.

"Pull one off." Sang corrected him.

"Same."

Jessica rolled her eyes. "I'm pulling that off because I'm going to tell them that the baby wants it." She said, pointing at her rounded stomach. "They'll do anything I ask when I tell them it's because of baby."

Sang rolled her eyes. "You realize that you're going to lose that advantage once baby is here. And why are we not having a gender reveal? I want to know who I'm shopping for! I can't even begin to tell you how many times I've been told to work on you by Gabriel. He's desperate to shop for your little one."

Jessica snorted. "Because we don't want to find out yet." She shrugged. "I mean, we have it written down in an envelope but I was thinking more that it would be a nice present for Christmas, you know?"

Raven nodded. "I want to know for Christmas. Professional Russian not need to know for baby gifts but to make sure prepared for future."

Jessica tilted her head. "Evgeni, what would you need to prepare for?"

"Professional Russian make excellent godfather. Be ready to take care of anything for godbaby." He nodded.

Jessica's eyes filled up with tears. "That's the sweetest thing ever. But terribly presumptuous to think you'll be the godfather." She teased, reaching up to wipe her eyes.

"Did not say it to make you cry, little bird." He said in Russian, handing her a tissue from his pocket.

"Oh, that's a good one though. Yes, I too think it's a great idea for a Christmas present. I'll be godmother, right?" Sang smiled, linking her arm though Jessica's and steering her carefully through the crowded shopping mall.

Jessica rolled her eyes again. "Yes." She finally said, crumpling the tissue into a wadded ball and tossing it in the trash when they passed it. She huffed a sigh. "I was going to be all cute and official and make cute little will you be my godparents gifts for you two." She glanced over her shoulder at Raven. "You just manage to take all the fun out of stuff." She pouted.

They both laughed. "Face it, bestie... you love us." Sang said.

"More than anyone else." Raven nodded.

"Maybe not more than the hubbies." Jessica said. "But probably more than anyone else in my life, except like Mom, Luke, Uncle and Owen. It's a big six way tie."

Sang laughed. "Oh, you know Luke's totally going to try to offer to be a godmother at some point. Something about it seeming cooler than being a godfather. I think he just wants a free pass to feed a child of yours sugar."

Jessica shook her head. "I own a bakery. There's not going to be any shortage of sugar in their lives." She pointed out.

"We all know that. I'd just suggest the possibility of pairing him with North." Sang teased. "Better balance between godparents. Raven and I will probably just always say yes to anything they ask of us."