Part 26

[Bethany's P.o.v]

"Erica isn't Blake's mate?" I hear one voice ask.

"Mummy she's so cool, she beat the mean rogue." A child says.

" Was that a silver knife?" A pack member from the front of arena asks.

This question seems to draw out everyone's attention, as everyone begins to quiet down.

I think back to a few moments ago, I guess it would be rather difficult to see the type of knife used. Since I was facing the Cane's, my back would have been facing the pack members, so when the rogue stabbed me no one would have really seen that besides the odd front seaters. Even when I used the knife on her, my body would have shielded most of the knife. I have a chance to conceal my ability from the pack members now! Just how do I camouflage from here? The knife lies on the other side of the rogues body, the pack members wouldn't be able to see it. I sense a movement behind me, and I turn around to find Carly picking up the knife near the rogues body. That's not the knife though, it does look identical to one that I used. But it's not silver, how do I know this? Because if it were, Carly wouldn't have been able to hold it in her hand whilst showing it to her pack.

"Somehow it appears that the rogue managed to steal one off our pack knives, fortunately for us it was the pewter training knife. The one that we use for training our cubs to prepare against hunters who uses actual silvet knives." Carly says rather convincingly, as if she didn't swap out the silver knife for a pewter metal knife. I'm not even going to ask how she did that!

She gives me a wink, my secret is safe in the right hands for now, and not in the hands of pack members. We couldn't take that big of a risk.

" Well I absolutely refuse this nobody to prance around here, claiming to be Blake's mate, and snatching my daughter's beta position!" Martha screeches.

"I see where you're coming from Martha, it must be extremely shocking. I know, I was rather surprised myself , when Blake told me Bethany is his mate. Bethany hasn't snatched your daughter's position, it was never rightfully hers anyways. Even if Erica wasn't injured on the battle today, she wouldn't have been able to hold her ground. We all saw that on the field today, a 14 year old saved her for Pete's sake. Bethany has saved our pack, you should be really grateful. As for calling Bethany a nobody, I wouldn't advise picking on my family. " Carly warns in a deadly tone, that I've never heard at all.

The colour drains from Martha's face, she looks so pale right now.

" You know if you want, you could challenge me for the beta position on behalf of Erica, since she's injured. " I drawl out.

I didn't think it was possible, but somehow Martha looks paler than before. I really want to laugh so bad right now, it feels good to hand it to entitled, and snobby rich people.

" No, no that won't necessary mom. Bethany has rightfully earned her position, and she's Blake's mate. We can't disobey the will of the Moon goddess." Erica says out rather nervously. I think she's finally learnt not to mess with me.

"Thank you for saving me from that rogue, she would have killed me! You've given me a second chance, I don't want to waste it on silly games. I'm sorry for everything Bethany." She says sounding genuinely apologetically.

I just nod my head in acceptance, and offer her a smile. Carly dismisses everyone from the arena, and gestures to me, her family, and Aria to go home. Its time to answer everyone's questions!

Once we were seated in Roberts study room, I was ambushed by multiple questions in one go.

"You died right in front of me eyes! How is this possible?" Aria asks.