Part 20

[Bethany's P.o.v]

I woke up feeling blissful, at ease, and really warm. The heavy weight on my lower back snaps my brain into reality. I try to get up, but Blake doesn't seem like he wants to let go even in his sleep. Eventually I manage to wrangle free, dragging myself rather painfully to start my morning. Silver has been feeling rather restless lately, I don't blame her though. I haven't had the chance to let her out, and I have no idea when I'll have the chance to do so. It's dangerous out here in the woods especially for a lone wolf like me. The one place that has become my sanctuary has now become the complete opposite. Life has always been filled with beautiful yet cruel ironies.

I glance at my watch, it's 6.50 am. I make my way downstairs to find Carly starting breakfast. I greet her, grabbing an apple, and chocolate bar before making my way to school. I decide to take a nice slow walk, hoping it would ease Silver abit.

By the time I make it to class, I have about 15 minutes left to spare before the bell rings. I glance around looking for a seat, only to find that I have multiple seat choices, and a very dejected looking Chris. I choose the seat next to him.

"My scandals aren't helping you get girls?" I lightly tease.

" Even without the scandals I get the girls." He scoffs back, but I could tell that he is slightly amused.

"Keep telling yourself that, but seriously though. Are you okay?" I ask.

" Omg since when does Bethany do serious talk?" Chris fake gasps out loud, looking alot more happier than before.

I fake glare at him, and we laugh.

"It's just been a long, and tiring weekend. I'll feel better after a decent nap." He says, but something didn't feel right. I let it go, if Chris wants to tell me he will, and if he doesn't that's okay too. I understand the importance of secrets all too well.

Blake walks in like 5 minutes later. He looks abit unsure, as if he doesn't know whether to approach me or not. I smile at him, and I guess that's all the encouragement he needs to walk over.

"Hey are you alright?" He whispers.

"Hi I'm fine why? How are you though?" I whisper back not wanting to Chris to over hear our conversation. No other werewolf were inside the classroom, so by whispering they wouldn't be able to clearly hear our conversation.

"It's just when I woke up, you weren't there. Mum said you woke up early, and decided to get a start on your day. I just wanted to hear it directly from you though." He whispers.

"I'm sorry! I didn't think about how that would look to you. I just wanted to go for a long walk, I just felt so cooped up lately." I whisper.

He nods at me, and goes to sit in his usual spot.

I can feel Chris's stare, so I raise my eyebrow at him. He wiggles his at me suggestively at the interaction he witnessed between Blake and I. I just flip him off. He grins at me acting cool about the whole situation, I could still see the curiosity gleaming in his eyes though.

I didn't even make it through half of the first period, as I found myself been called to the principles office. I was slightly curious as to why he requested to see me. Before I could even knock to go inside, the door opens and Erica walks out with the widest smile ever. My left eyebrow furrows in frustration. What has she done now?

"Ahh Miss Richard! Please do come in and take a seat ." I hear Mr William say.

"Good morning Sir." I say whilst walking into the office.

"You're probably wondering why you've been summoned?" he asks.

"Yes sir!" I answer. Deep down in my gut I know this won't be good.

"It's been brought to my attention that you've been frequently absconding class. I'm quite aware of your emancipation status. However this does not give you the privilege to bunk when ever you feel like, because you're not answering to anyone else but yourself. I can't let behavior like this go unpunished. You'll be serving detention after school for an hour for one month. You'll also be the water girl for our girls volleyball team until further notice. You may leave now! " Mr William sternly states leaving no room available for further discussion.

My blood starts to boil, I'll admit I bunked school. My punishment doesn't fit my crime though. It's really unfair. This has Erica written all over it. I wake up from my seat, and walk towards the door closing it. I make my way back to Mr William, sitting on the chair, but this placing my feet on the desk unconcerned about how improper my behavior is.

I have the option of going to Robert for help, but I didn't want to add to his worries. Besides I didn't want the werewolves speculating my involvement with the Cane family. I also have the option of obediently following punishment. I chose neither as you can see.

"What is the meaning of this Miss Richard?" William asks sounding abit angry.

"Your punishment is rather unfair sir. If your going to give me punishment, it should at least fit the crime." I humorlessly say.

"You know I've heard quite the bit from Martha yesterday when I met her. I didn't know you and her were siblings. It really explains why Erica got away without punishment for starting that rumor about me. Oh and don't get me started with that contract you've awarded Martha's husband. I've read the school's professional code of conduct for staff you know, not declaring personal financial interests is a serious breach of conduct. I wonder what Ms Yajna will have to say about that at the next governing body meeting. Oh and finally let's not forget about the favoritism shown to the children who live away from town. You know I've heard that Ms Yajna has been looking for a reason to replace the current principal in favor of a more transparent local. " I drawl out.

I've been trained well enough to deal with these kinds of situations. I never liked playing dirty, but you know how the saying goes 'the crooked nail is harder to be hammered into a piece of wood compared to a straight nail.' I wasn't actually going to get William in trouble, I couldn't do that to Cole and Blake. They needed an inside man, and that inside man is unfortunately William. As long as he doesn't call my bluff I'll get away with it.

"Now William I believe that you and I have come to an understanding. I will serve detention after school for today only, since that's the norm. I will certainly not be the water girl for the girls volley ball team. You won't have trouble from me, if I'm treated fairly. I'll accept punishment when and where I'm wrong. Do we have a deal? "I ask, already knowing I've won this round.

" Yes Miss Richard we do. " he says calmly, but his face telling me otherwise. It appears I've hit a serious nerve .

" Good! " Was all I could say whilst leaving his office.

Is it bad enough that I enjoyed that ?