Part 24

[Bethany's P.o.v]

I try to gather my thoughts whilst running. What do I do now? Do I go back to help the pack? Is it safe to leave Chris home? Should I even drop him off at his home? I need to check my cellphone as well! What if Blake tried to contact me? Or even Erin, and Carly, if they tried to call me, and if I didn't answer. They would know something is up.

I note that whilst Silver's energy levels are still low, the pain starts to slowly fade, and Chris doesn't feel as heavy as lead. I should be fully healed in 35 minutes time, maybe my injuries weren't as severe as I made it out to be. Usually it would take longer to heal, but given my wolf's current adrenaline rush, the healing process is speeding up. I'm going to pay for this later, this is going to take a huge toll on my body when Silver shifts back. Chris doesn't know it yet, but he owes me big time. Chris's backyard becomes visible, after a couple minutes of running. Silver jumps over the white picket fence, landing gracefully, and rather gently by the side of the shed. She lowers herself, so that Chris can get off her back. After getting off, he walks toward the shed wall, turning around so that his back leans against the wall. I could see the effects of his adrenaline rush wearing off. He's clearly in a state of shock, he knees probably gave out, because he suddenly drops to the ground. He rests his back against the wall, and he places his hands underneath his knees .

*Stay in your current position, we don't want to scare him off even more! * I tell my wolf.

*I wasn't planning to! Besides I can barely move.* She responds.

We just sit here in silence feeling worried and conflicted. Silver and I were concerned about Blake, and the rest of the family. On the other hand we were worried about Chris too, we couldn't leave him alone in this state. Should anything else happen, he needs to be able to fend for himself.

Silver shuffles abit on the ground , using her front paws to pull her self abit forward. Chris sees this movement, and oddly enough this seems to bring him back to his senses. He looks at me with curiosity in his eyes, and for once in my life I'm actually glad to see this expression on him.

"Thank you for saving me! You probably know I'm hunter, and yet you chose to endanger yourself despite the animosity between the werewolves and hunters. I don't think I would have made it out alive, had you not reached there in time " He rambles, his voice sounding really hoarse.

Silver places her head down on his legs, resting herself even further so that she could regain her energy, and also to make Chris feel at ease. It seems to work though, and Chris begins to feel slightly better. His hands rubbing my back, Silver just sits quietly, enjoying every bit of it, before we are ready to go. After 5 minutes, Silver feels much more better than how she was feeling when she left the forest. She gently wakes up, not wanting to trigger a panic attack from Chris. He sees this! He sighs,  and asks "You have to go back now?"

Silver nods.
" Just be careful, your injuries might have just healed, but your body is still recovering! Pushing yourself more, could do more harm than help anyone." He cautions.

Silver nudges his leg abit, before turning, and sprinting off in the direction of the Silver Moon Cresent pack. Half way through the run, I start to feel Silver's energy levels rising.

Eventually we find ourself nearing the pack land, Silver slows down abit, choosing to hide from the visible eye. She and I would never go rushing in neck deep into danger, we needed to assess the situation first.

*I'm open to suggestions* She says.

*Well since we are nearing pack land, we could shift back, since somone might be waiting for me. There has to be some clothes lying around somewhere, if things settled we could lay low, and act as if we know nothing . Things should have settled though, about 20% of the rogues were killed in the forest. The remainder wouldn't have lasted that long. Even though the pack is pretty big, Cole and Blake are pretty ruthless themselves, I doubt that the pack would have even sought Aria's aid. * I say.

My wolf agrees, and we shift only after finding some clothes to change into. I use the path, I remembered from the last time. The path that leads away from the pack house, the more isolated path. I didn't come across any of the pack members which concerned me slightly, maybe they are all together? Would Blake, and family be with the pack members? I start to hear noise coming from the arena, the place where they hosted the meeting when Aria came over. I begin to feel curious, and my curiosity outwits every reason my brain comes up with, as to why I shouldn't go to the arena.

The arena was massive, pack members were everywhere. I'm surprised that only a few wolves picked up on my presence, although they completely ignored my presence afterwards , majority of the wolves were more focused on a rogue female in the center of the arena, and Erica? Erica looks severely injured, and afraid. The rogue looks smug, a sinister smile on her face. This can't be good. The pack members look concerned.

"I hope Erica beats the rogue!" A small boy exclaims to his mum, in front of me.

"I hope soo too!" She lowly mumbles.

"She's our only hope!" I hear from another person.

"She's literally the worst fighter in the pack, how is this even possible? She's Blake's mate, her beta female blood should be kicking in." Another harshly whispers.

"Moon goddess bless our pack! Help Erica win the beta female position challenge!" A softer voice pleads.

My body tenses, the rogue challenged Erica for her female beta position, believing her to be Blake's mate. If the rogue wins , Cole will have no choice, but to let the rogue take the place as the beta female. Nothing good would ever come off this. She's already playing dirty by challenging an injured "female beta". She thinks it's that easy doesn't she? I'll show her easy! I would never let a person with vile intentions, murderous behavior, and no morals hurt my family. I may not consider the pack as my family, but they are dear to the ones who I consider as my family.  No one, I repeat no one messes with my family! Without a second thought, I say out rather loudly "Look at that, the rogue thinks that she can easily become the next beta female. Well sister you're howling at the wrong door, Erica isn't even Blake's mate. I am, if you want the position you'll have to go through me first."