Part 12

[Bethany's P.o.v]

"We are sharing Math, Biology, Gym, and English, because your class is full for those lessons." I say looking at Chris's schedule.

"Looks like you're stuck with me." Chris says with a smug look on his face.

"Unlucky me" I reply before adding, "Well let's go we have English first."

By the time we reach the classroom, most of the good seats were taken. There was no available desks which were near each other. I let Chris take the one which was the furthest away from the wolves . Gosh I really need to stop calling them that.

I could see how guarded the pack was around Chris, but their uneasiness about seeing Chris with me didn't go unnoticed by me. They didn't even know me, for all they knew I could have been a hunter all this time.

Cole's eye catches mine, as I begin to make my way to my seat. He gives me a small smile, and I return the gesture.

He taps the back of my shoulder as soon as I sit down, I turn around looking at him quizzically.

"What's up?" I ask.

"I forgot to ask you about your choice of pizza." He says.

"Ahh, I am feeling for chicken and mayo."  I answer.

"Gotcha." He says.

Before we could continue the conversation, Ms Nicole, the English teacher walks in. I turn around only to find Chris staring at Cole, and I with a look of mild curiosity.

I raise an eyebrow at him, and he shakes his head indicating that it's nothing. Great the werewolves are skeptical about me associating with a hunter, and a hunter is curious about me been friendly with an alpha werewolf.

"Right class, good morning. I hope you read the intro, and the the themes in Othello. Today we'll be discussing it." Ms Nicole says out loud.

"Bethany I'm starting with you first, since you're one of my newer students. Name one theme in Othello, and how can you relate it to today's times."  Ms Nicole practically orders.

I take a moment to consider my answer before saying, "Appearance vs Reality Mam. You may think you know someone, but we only know what people want us to see. The reality could be well beyond what we could have imagined." I say, reflecting on my situation.

Oh crap, I hope I didn't unwittingly tell people I'm not who they think I am, especially since I could sense people staring at me after my answer, Blake's stare being the most obvious. So much for a broken bond, when I could still sense him a little more than everyone else.

"That's rather well thought Ms Richard's. Now class if you pay attention, and put in the effort like Bethany did. You guys won't have to worry about failing." Ms Nicole says, and continues with the lesson.

Luckily I wasn't called out again during the remainder of the lesson, but unfortunately I had Biology next, which meant more time with the wolves.

I decided to be friendly to Alex before he could today . If there was one thing I valued, it was the effort people made in this small yet so connected world. Alex had always been friendly, and I never really matched his energy. Today was the time to change that.

"Morning Alex, and hello everyone." I say with a small smile, as I made my way towards the table.

Josephine looked slightly wary, but she greeted me back. Anthony and Mathew greeted me with a small smile, but Alex looked slightly baffled, which amused me greatly.

"Who are you, and what have you done to the previous Bethany?" He asks, after gaining back his composure.

"I'm not sure, want me to get her back so you can ask her?" I cheekily ask.