Part 11

[Bethany's P.o.v]

It didn't take us long to reach school. Werewolf or not, conversation really makes a journey easier. Despite deflecting alot of personal questions about myself, I managed to learn quite the bit about Cole, and Erin.

Cole for instance, is a year older than Blake. He went to school late, which explains why his in the same year as Blake. Erin for instance is in her first year of college. She's studying medicine at a nearby university, so she could be closer to home. I off course knew there was more to that, they'll probably be human proofing alot of things for me . It's amusing to an extent, when I know I have an upper hand on everyone. I still feel abit guilty though.

As soon as the school building began to become more visible to my eyes, I say to Cole " Walking in with the town's loner might create a scandal you know."

"Don't tell me you're afraid of a little drama Beth." Cole says, as he pretends to be shocked.

"Me scared of a little gossip, and the narrow mindset of people who would never be able to hold an intellectual conversation? Wow Cole you figured me out." I sarcastically retort.

Just as Cole was about to reply, he looks behind me. I didn't need to turn around to see what caught his attention. I could already sense him, although not as strong as before. I decide to be brave, and so I turn around to find Blake looking at us with a look of curiosity displayed on his face.

"Cole, Bethany, Good morning." He says, his voice sounding gentle, and alluring.

Snap out of it Beth, I think to myself. Off course his still going to have this effect on you, you'll always have a soft spot for him. Just be indifferent.

"Morning." I say, whilst trying to come up with an excuse to leave. I look at Cole pleadingly, only to find him staring intently at Blake. They must be mindlinking.

"Uhh hmm." I hum rather loudly instantly snapping both guys attention onto me.

"You guys look like you need to work out your differences, uh maybe I should go." I say slowly walking away.

"No!" They both  simultaneously say.

"it's not me who needs to work out some differences, Blake on the other hand has quite the bit to work on." Cole adds crytically, whilst walking away leaving me alone with Blake.

Curse you Cane brothers! I think to myself.

"I didn't know you and Cole were such good friends. He has a girlfriend you know." He states, looking at me intently.

Could he have been insecure about the fact that I was more familiar with his brother than him?
I roll my eyes at his statement, he sees this and gulps awkwardly.

"I'm friends with both Erin, and Cole." I say sounding bored.

" I'm sorry!" He blurts out before adding "I didn't mean it like that, it came out wrong. I'm also sorry about yesterday. It's just that after break yesterday, you skipped school, and I was worried that I really hurt your feelings. It's just that Erica and I've been together for 3 years now. She's always been there, I care a great deal about her. I think I may even love her." He says sounding pained.

Well what about how I'm feeling I wanted to question. I didn't ask to be the other woman you know, but here I am. I'm like that girlfriend in a romantic comedy, the one everyone wants out of the way so that the male lead can be with his 'love of his life'.

"And then you showed up, peaking my interest in ways that frightened me. I could never just abandon a relationship I had with a girl I went through so much with just for a complete stranger. So I lashed out, and hurt your feelings by rejecting you. I'm sorry Bethany, I'm really sorry. " He finishes.

"It's okay, I understand." Was all that I could say, as I turned away. I wanted to say more, maybe I should have? It's pointless now, nothing can ever take back what's already happened.

He didn't call out for me, he just let me walk away.

I understood his feelings, I mean why would he throw away a relationship with someone because the stars told him that he met his soul mate, and that he had to love me. Don't people remember that the stars also cross lovers. I wasn't okay though, how could anyone feel okay after that. It might take a while, but I will overcome this I say hoping it will convince me. I'll learn to achieve, and prosper, but would it ever be enough?

Before my mind could overthink me into depression, I hear a familiar voice call out.

"Hey pretty girl, I see you made it to school today." Chris calls out. 

"Did I really?" I ask dramatically.

"I mean school didn't even start yet." I retort.

I could feel people staring at us, so I look around. Surprisingly the humans didn't seem so interested in us, but the wolves were practically glaring at Chris. Even Cole looked guarded, hmm so the wolves already knew that Chris was already a hunter. Maybe I should be scared of a little drama, thinking back to when Cole asked me if was scared of some drama.

Chris didn't even seem bothered that the wolves were watching him like hawks.

" You have quite the fan club" I say, instantly noticing the wolves look away rather awkwardly if you ask me. They probably didn't want to draw out any more attention.

"Who needs a fan club, when friend clubs are better?" He rhetorically asks, although his voice was much lower than before. He didn't want to be overheard I think to myself .

" Hmm, and here I thought male egos thrived on fanclubs" I tease.

"You're impossible you know! Now aren't you going to help me find this administrators office to get my schedule?" He asks, as he grins back at me.

"Hmm only if you ask nicely, and you better hurry up if you don't want to be late." I say as I lift up my watch, showing Chris the time.

He pouts at me, but finally relents as he asks "Would you please help me get my schedule Bethany?"

"Certainly. " I reply, as I indicate to Chris to follow me.