Chapter fourteen: The Diary

△▽△▽△▽△▽△▽△▽△▽△▽△▽△▽△▽△

The ride home was annoying. Draco constantly complained about how he didn't win the House Cup.

"Draco! I'm at the last place! If anyone has the right to complain, it is me!" I said. Lucius said he was disappointed and then Narcissa was trying comfort us. Like always.

"Made any new friends?" she asked. I shook my head.

"That reminds me of someone." Lucius suddenly said.

"No! Lucius! Don't say that!" Narcissa said.

"Who? Who do you remind me of?" I asked. A part of me knew about who he was talking about.

Lucius was about to say it, when Narcissa stopped him and said: "Of me!". Both me and Draco looked confused at her. We both knew Lucius wasn't talking about her.

"Did my mother have many friends?" I asked. Narcissa's mouth fell open. Lucius turned to me and shook his head.

"Do I remind you of my mother?" I asked Lucius. He nodded his head again.

"Lucius! Enough! Oh, we are almost home! I hope Dobby made something delicious!" Narcissa tried to change the subject.

"Do I look like my mother?" I asked. Narcissa gave Lucius a sharp look.

"What? She has the right to know! And we both knew these questions would come up some time!" Lucius said to her. She hesitated, but eventually nodded and turned to me.

"If you really want to know... You have your mother's hair and you have the same face feature's." Narcissa said and started to smile. "You sometimes remind me of her. How she used to be!"

"How come?" I asked.

"She was outgoing, but also introverted. She was also very curious about everything. She always asked our mother tons of questions. She was also a very beautiful girl." Narcissa said.

"Was?" I asked.

"Yeah... " she said and her smile faded away. "She changed when she got pregnant of you. She turned very dark. She used the killing curse at least once a week and got obsessed with the Dark Lord. When we all joined the Deatheaters, she gave her whole life to the Dark Lord and.." Narcissa said.

"And?" I asked.

Like if Lucius knew what Narcissa wanted to say, he said: "Your mother wanted you to do the same as her and she gave you the-". Narcissa slapped Lucius' arm.

"What did she gave me?" I asked.

"Nothing, sweety! Let's forget this subject, okay?" Narcissa said. I couldn't forget that subject. Was I really like my mother? Would I become the same person as she is now? What did she gave me? She gave me a letter. Is that was she gave me?

"Narcissa?" I asked. "Do you have any pictures of her?"

She first doubted for a second and then said: "She left a box for you.". She did what? And they didn't tell me?

"When we got home, we will look for them." she said.

"Welcome back, mr. Malfoy and miss Lestrange!" Dobby said as we arrived at the Malfoy Manor. "Dobby is pleased to serve you again!". I gave Dobby a smile.

"Dobby, unpack their bags. And hurry up!" Narcissa said. Dobby wanted to grab my bags, but I grabbed them myself and ran upstairs to my room. When I finished packing, I put on some comfy clothes and went downstairs again. Narcissa and I walked to basement.

"It's a box with your name on it. If you look in the back, I will look here." she said. I walked to the back. I didn't knew that the basement was so big. I had never been in the basement. Lucius forbade it. I looked for a box.