Chapter sixteen: Flourish and Blotts

△▽△▽△▽△▽△▽△▽△▽△▽△▽△▽△▽△

I looked for my mother's letter the whole night to make sure I hadn't oversaw it or something. Narcissa tried to stop me and calm me down, but it didn't work. I was furious. If she would read it, which she probably already did, she was going to tell everyone and then I would be doomed. Neville was the only one who knew about my parents. I liked to keep it like that.

"Don't worry! We will find a way to get it back!" Narcissa tried to calm me.

"Don't worry? Don't worry?! If people find out about my insane parents, then you can say goodbye to 'making new friends'!" I said while searching my room for the 100th time. Draco walked in my room.

"Bloody hell, your room is a mess." he said. Twat.

"Where did I ask for your opinion?" I asked him even more annoyed than before.

"You could keep searching for the letter, which is not here anymore, or you can think of a way how to get it back." Draco said casually. "This is why you're not a Ravenclaw.".

"Do something about him!" I said angrily to Narcissa.

"He kind of has a point, sweetie." she said. I knew he was right, but I didn't want to believe it. "Come, let's go downstairs, calm down, and think of a plan to get it back.".

"Ugh, thanks for having my back." I said sarcastically and we walked past them to the living room. "So... what are we going to do?".

Everybody shrugged. A voice randomly said: "We should track her house down and go to that house. Then we steal the letter and let her pay for what she did.". I looked to the direction where the voice came from. Lucius was standing by the basement door with a smirk. Creepy.

"Are you helping me?" I asked him surprised.

"Why wouldn't I help my beloved cousin?" he said unconvincing. Even more creepy.

"I suggest I call some of my friends and we have a little... party with her." he said. Psychopath. 

"Lucius! We are not going to use violence!" Narcissa said. "I suggest we invite Pansy to go to Diagon Alley with us, we already planned to go to there, and then Draco and Mila suggest to hang out at her place. Then one of you will look for the letter and then you both leave." she said.

And that was what we did. We sent her a letter inviting her. She thankfully said yes. We would meet at the Leaky Cauldron.

I couldn't sleep that night. I keep overthinking things. Something randomly came to my mind. Why was Lucius being so nice to me today? I kept replaying the moment in my head. Then I remembered that he was coming out of the basement. Did he know about the diary? Did he know that I wrote in that diary? I decided to go to the basement tomorrow night so I could see the diary again.

When we arrived the next day at the Leaky Cauldron, she was already there. She panicked when she saw me. I gave her a fake smile. Narcissa started a conversation with her and her parents. Her parents looked exactly like I imagined: dark hair, dark eyes, and the same kind of expression as Pansy. Pansy calmed down when I talked to her. She probably thought that I didn't notice the missing letter. I ain't that stupid.

When we finished our butterbeers, we went to Diagon Alley.

"Mila, you can go to Amanuensis Quills to buy that quill you really want. We will go to Madam Milkin's to buy Draco new robes." Narcissa suggested.

I nodded and walked to Amanuensis Quills. The whole store was full of all kinds of quills.

"Excuse me, I'm looking for the Self-Inking Quill." I said to the man standing behind the counter.