Chapter nineteen: My Birthday

△▽△▽△▽△▽△▽△▽△▽△▽△▽△▽△▽△

The next day I woke up. I followed my daily routine and walked downstairs. When I arrived at the living room, I was met with lots of presents and decorations in the living room.

"Happy birthday!" Narcissa said when she noticed me. I looked at her with a confused expression.

"It's not my birthday." I said.

"Yes, it is! Have you forgotten?" Narcissa asked happily.

"What date is it?" I asked her.

"The 28th of August!" she said. You've got to be kidding me.

"Wow... I can't believe I forgot my own birthday." I realized. Narcissa laughed.

"I guess we will just return your presents." she joked. No.

When I sat down, Narcissa called Draco and Lucius.

"Happy birthday to my favorite cousin!" Draco said with a sarcastic smile.

"I'm the only cousin, you know, but thank you." I said. Lucius was staring at me in a weird way. Narcissa cleared her throat.

"Oh yeah. Happy birthday, Mila." Lucius said, unbothered. I thanked him. Draco gave me his present first.

"This one is from me." he said. I opened his present. It was box full of rings.

"Thank you! You didn't have too!" I said.

"Now... Pick one out of the pile!" Narcissa said. I picked a little box on top. It was a yellow collar for Spoopy with her name on it.

I opened the rest of the presents. I got many books, jewelry and clothes. I even got quidditch supplies.

"Lucius thought it was a good idea to give you those! For when you want to join the Quidditch team!" Narcissa said. I never thought of joining the Hufflepuff Quidditch team. Maybe I could join the try-outs this year.

"Now open your last present."  Narcissa said excited. It was a long package. I wrapped the paper apart.

"The nimbus 2001!" I said, shocked. I hugged Narcissa and thanked Lucius.

"I bought Draco and the Slytherin team that one too. Draco will be Slytherin's new seeker." Lucius said proudly. Draco had a smirk on his face, as usual.

"Did you bought Draco's way in?" I asked. Lucius got annoyed.

"See it in a different way. Draco doesn't have to join these ridiculous try-outs to show how good he is. So he got in the team directly." Lucius said casually. What did I expect? Lucius would never buy the Hufflepuff Quidditch team brooms. I guess I will know if I'm good enough by attempting the try-outs.

Lucius apparently noticed my irritated expression, because he said: "There is nothing to be jealous about, Mila! Your time will come..." This man never changes.

"Me? Jealous? Dont think so. I don't have to buy my way into the team. I will be accepted by my talent." I said casually and walked away.

"Where are you going?" Narcissa asked concerned.

"I'm going to try my new broom." I said and closed the front door. And to take a break.

I stepped on the broom and flew away. It was super fast and easy to ride. I flew in circles around the house and got lost in my thoughts. I knew Lucius cared more about Draco than me, but he still didn't have to tell it in my face. How could the Slytherin's accept his offer? Besides Draco isn't even better than I am. When Draco and I play a competition, I always win.

All these thoughts made me more excited to join the Hufflepuff quidditch team and beat Draco at a match.

"Mila! Honey! Can you come down! We've a cake for you!" Narcissa shouted to me. I flew down and got on my feet. There was a cake on the table with 12 candles.

"Next year you will be blowing out 13 candles! You all grow up so fast." Narcissa said holding back her tears. I blew out the candles and cut the cake.

"Dobby made this?" I asked. Narcissa nodded while she was eating the cake.

After I finished my slice of cake, I sneaked into the kitchen.

"Dobby?" I whispered.

"Hello, miss Lestrange! Dobby wishes you a very happy birthday! Dobby hopes you liked the cake Dobby made for beautiful miss Lestrange!" Dobby said.

"Yes! I did! I came here to thank you!" I said.

"Everything for miss Lestrange. Miss Lestrange has been so nice to Dobby." Dobby said. I grabbed something out of my pocket.

"Here! Have this!" I said and gave him a package.

"Ahh! Miss Lestrange has given Dobby a new friend! Dobby thinks miss Lestrange didn't have to do this. Dobby doesn't know how to ever repay for this!" Dobby said happily with a little stuffed animal.

"It's okay, Dobby! You deserved it! But don't tell anyone about it!" I said. Dobby nodded.

We said goodbye and I walked to all my presents. I grabbed them all and tried to get them to my bedroom. I fell a few times off the stairs. Lucius walked past me without helping me. I was struggling to get them all upstairs, when Draco suddenly ask: "Do you need help?".

"No." I said sarcastically. He apparently didn't notice my sarcasme and walked away. I sighed. I decided to grab them one by one to my room. It took forever and still fell lots of times. But in the end, it worked. I was out of breath and let myself fall on my bed. If I want to join the Quidditch team, I definitely have to improve my condition.

Suddenly I heard something tapping on my window. It was an familiar owl. I opened my window, grabbed the letter and a little box between the claws of the owl, and sat down again. I opened the letter first.

'Dear Mila,

Thank you for your letter. I really appreciated it. No one ever wrote a letter to me.

I'm doing fine and Trevor and my gran are too. It's getting a bit boring here, so I'm excited to go to school again. I'm also excited to see you again.

I don't know when this will arrive, but happy birthday! I got you a little present. It's not really big, because I had to buy it without my gran noticing. I hope you still love it.

We will catch up on the train about your birthday.

A big birthday hug from Neville.'

I started to blush and couldn't stop smiling. I grabbed the little box and opened it. It was a beautiful necklace with a sunflower. I put it on and watched it for a few minutes.

"Mila! Dinner's ready!" Narcissa shouted from downstairs. I hid the necklace under my shirt and walked downstairs. The table was covered with plates with my favorite food on them. I immediately sat down to begin eating. It was a nice dinner, although it was a bit awkward, because Lucius was staring in his weird way at me again.

When everyone finished their meals, I plopped on the couch and read a book. I got really tired of reading and began to feel tired.

"If you want to go to sleep, you can! You don't have to stay up late, because it's your birthday." Narcissa said. I nodded and stood up.

"Thank you for today!" I said and hugged Narcissa.

"Everything for my favorite cousin." she said and kissed me on my forehead.

△▽△▽△▽△▽△▽△▽△▽△▽△▽△▽△▽△