Chapter twenty-seven: the Heir of Slytherin

△▽△▽△▽△▽△▽△▽△▽△▽△▽△▽△▽△

It was really painful to see Lisa the first couple of days after the fight. Although, Lisa was mostly in her dorm or somewhere else, so I didn't see her that often. I think she wanted to avoid contact with me, which I thought was okay. I didn't want to see her too. The Gryffindors questioned me about what happened and every time I just came up with lies: 'We're playing a game where you get points for not talking to each other' or 'Lisa is not feeling so well'. Neville was the only one who understood what was going on. He gave me my space, but also made sure that I was alright.

I was walking to class, alone as usual, when Harry, Ron and Hermione shouted my name and told me to come with them.

"What's wrong? I'm going to be late to class!" I said.

"It's really fast! Come!" Hermione said and took me with them into a empty classroom.

"We've been thinking about the writing on the wall and the story that Binns told us. We, well mostly Ron and Harry, think that Malloy is the heir of Slytherin." Hermione started.

"Draco? The heir of Slytherin? Why?" I asked confused.

"The heir of Slytherin wants to frighten all the Squibs and Muggle-borns out of Hogwarts. We all know that Malfoy cares about blood purity." Hermione continued.

"And look at the Malfoy family. They are all Slytherin's, except for you, but you're not really a Malfoy. They could easily be Slytherin's descendants." Harry added.

"You have a point. Lucius is evil enough for it." I said.

"They could've had the key to the Chamber of Secrets for centuries! Handing it down, father to son." Ron said.

"I mean it's possible, but I never noticed anything going on at home. Although, I found a diary which wrote back to me." I said and laughed.

"A diary that wrote back?" Ron asked in disbelieve. I nodded.

"Yeah. It tried to have a conversation with me, but I never gave full answers. When I tried to look for the diary again, it was gone. It was probably a hallucination." I said. "Well, back to the point. How do we prove it?". It was silence for a second.

"There might be a way. Of course, it would be difficult. And dangerous, very dangerous. We'd be breaking about fifty school rules, I expect-" Hermione said.

"If, in a month or so, you feel like explaining, you will let us know, won't you?" Ron said irritably.

"All right! What we'd need to do is to get inside the Slytherin common room and ask Malfoy a few questions without him realizing it's us." she said.

"But that's impossible." Harry said which made Ron laugh. I knew Hermione was talking about.

"No, it's not." I said.

"Exactly! All we'd need would be some Polyjuice Potion." Hermoine said. Both Ron and Harry looked at us like we were speaking Chinese.

"It transforms you into somebody else." I explained.

"Think about it! We could change into four of the Slytherins. No one would know it was us. Malfoy would probably tell us anything. He's probably boasting about it in the Slytherin common room right now, if only we could hear him." Hermione said.

"This Polyjuice stuff sounds a bit dodgy to me. Can't Y/N just talk to him? What if we were stuck looking like four of the Slytherins forever?" Ron asked.

"Malfoy will get suspicious if Y/N is asking him a lot of questions all of the sudden. We're not going to risk that. The potion wears off after a while, but getting hold of the recipe will be very difficult. Snape said it was in a book called Moste Potente Potions and it's bound to be in the Restricted Section of the library." Hermione answered.