12: panic mode activated

dedicated to sophiaxr91 xx

it was never louis's intention to listen to their conversation. but now it was too late. he heard every single words they've spoken. and he bet that it was never their intention for louis to hear anything either.

but he never planned on telling the boys that he heard everything. he just slowly opened his eyes when his alarm went off and excused himself to the bathroom.

louis didn't missed the worried expressions the two had on their faces. and that was what louis hated. all this fucking pity.

he didn't needed it, nor did he wanted any of this. pity won't make it all go away or make it better. people still don't understand that they can shove all these empty words and face expressions up their ass.

"i'm sorry you have to go through this." "if i could make it all go away, then i would do it." "you don't deserve any of this."

they didn't understand that what they said didn't matched with the voices in his head. the voices were saying the complete opposite. they have constantly been there for the past six years. so it really was no surprise that louis couldn't quite believe all these pitiful words. it's not like they meant anything away.

louis breathed in and splashed his face with cold water, the conversation of harry and niall replaying in his head.

he actually didn't wanted to think about it and forget every word they've said. but it wasn't really possible when he now knows that harry has a crush on him.

oh my god, harry has a crush on him. it's not like he minded that harry was liking another guy, he didn't cared that harry liked dick. what about it? he liked dick too.

but louis? really? he didn't wanted it to ruin or affect their new friendship. so louis decided to push it aside and just ignore it. it was just a crush, it will pass.

meanwhile harry and niall were freaking out about louis' phone because his girlfriend was calling him.

"niall, what do we do? we can't just pick up the fucking phone!" harry whisper-yelled and stared at the phone that was blasting 'how to save a life' from the frey.

"yes, we can. in fact, you can." with that, niall picked up the phone and gave it to harry, who went pale the second he touched louis's phone. he cleared his throat. "hi?" he said and looked over at niall who just gave him a thumbs up.

"who's that? where's louis?" eleanor asked, obviously confused. "well" harry started and scratched his chin, "niall, louis and i were hanging out and he's currently in the bathroom and so we picked up the phone for him."

"is he okay?" she immediately asked. eleanor knew about everything, probably more than liam, even though he was louis's best friend. louis and eleanor have been friends ever since they were three, which made their bond stronger.

harry nodded and then noticed that she can't see him. "i think so, yeah" he said while the door opened and louis came back in. he furrowed his brows at harry who was holding his phone to his ear.

"the fuck?" he mouthed and pointed at his phone. "um, he just came back in. i'll just-" harry cut himself off and gave the phone to its rightfully owner.

niall held back his laughter and just pressed his hand over his mouth. this situation was priceless.

"yeah, yeah, i'm fine darling, don't worry. mhm. of course. yeah. i love you too. i'll text you then, goodbye darling."

louis hung up the phone and looked at harry expectantly. "so..?" he asked and gestured with his hands in the air. "um, eleanor called and you were in the bathroom. and we thought we'd pick up for you? was that.. okay? are you mad? oh god, i'm sorry" harry rambled and bit down on his lip to stop himself from talking.

niall shook his head at his best friend and looked down at the ground in disappointment. looks like step two wasn't really working.

louis smiled softly at harry and shook his head. "harry darling, it's okay. don't worry. just please let it ring next time and i'll just call that someone back, yeah?" he asked with that genuine smile that made harry go weak in the knees. he was so damn beautiful.

so he just nodded at louis and smiled back. "okay" louis said and then looked at niall, "i have to get to work. as you probably know, i work at mcdonald's and eleanor is waiting there. how about if you come with me and then you can hang out together? and after my shift is over we can all go out together. how does that sound?"

louis smiled at the two and got two smiles in return. "everything for food" niall said and nodded, "are you two ready to go?"

harry looked at louis and louis looked at harry, both nodding. "yeah, let's go" harry said and tried to sound confident and not excited or giddy.

"i'll drive us all" louis said and opened the door. "mom!" niall yelled and skipped downstairs, "we're going to mcdonald's!"

"again?!" maura yelled back and stepped into the main entrance where the boys were already putting on their shoes.

"mom!" niall hissed, while harry just blushed a deep red. why on earth was she exposing them like that? "what?" she asked back and crossed her arms over her chest.

"let me tell ya something, louis dear" maura started and stared at louis like he just killed a puppy, "you better don't get yourself into all of this. the two are there all the time. one day they're gonna roll home."

louis furrowed his brows and slowly nodded, but then he quickly shook his head. "yeah, no, uh, i work there and i invited the boys to hang out with my girlfriend a bit and after that we're all gonna-"

"girlfriend, huh?" maura asked and raised her eyebrows. louis looked a bit taken aback and nodded. "yeah, girlfriend" he confirmed.

"mom, can we leave now?" niall interrupted her and opened the front door. "yeah, yeah" she said and waved with her hand in the air, "have fun kids!"

niall rolled his eyes and shooed harry and louis out the door and in direction of, what niall assumed was, louis' car.

louis unlocked the car and opened the drivers seat. he got in and nearly got a heart attack when niall shoved harry into the passengers seat.

harry smiled awkwardly at louis and put the seatbelt on. "i uh, called shotgun" he said, while niall only grinned innocently and shrugged.

"alright" louis said and started the car. as soon as the engine started, louis turned on the radio and searched for a station.

it wasn't long until the red hot chillipeppers were playing softly through the speakers. it was a quiet car ride, nobody was saying anything and no one felt the need to.

and so they arrived at mcdonald's twenty minutes later, while harry's heartbeat picked up a bit. niall was still grinning like an idiot and louis was just happy to see his girlfriend again.

I hate this hahaha :)

[ wc: 1216 ]