21: okay

We're focusing on our dear Nialler in this one. :) hope you enjoy <3

One week later, Harry and Louis have grown impossibly closer. They spent all of their shared lunches together, hung out after school until Niall got annoyed and dragged him into the car and Louis now sat next to the awkward boy in art class.

The two were constantly texting each other until late at night, whether they were talking about something random or Louis was having trouble staying alive. Harry was just always there.

Niall noticed their friendship becoming more and more intense and to be honest, he was very happy for his best friend. On the other side, Harry was neglecting Niall more day by day.

He always kept their conversation in mind when Niall was afraid that he'd be replaced by Dean and Castiel. He remembered Harry's words. He said that he could never ever replace Niall with anyone else. They grew up with each other and he was the most important person in his life.

But now? Niall was having trouble believing all of this. Now he was afraid that he'd be replaced by Louis.

Don't get him wrong, he was happy that Harry was this close to his crush and that his chances were steadily growing, but he was slowly and surely losing Harry.

He didn't felt important anymore and felt irrelevant. He felt like he didn't even mattered to Harry anymore. And it seemed like Harry didn't even noticed that Niall was starting to feel miserable.

So Niall had to make a decision: Either he tried to win Harry back and destroy this constant smile on both of Larry's faces, or he started looking for new friends.

He went for option B, new friends. He would've felt selfish for choosing the first option.

Niall got to know a lot of more people in the past weeks, so making new friends shouldn't be that hard.

There were obviously Dean and Castiel, the lovebirds that only had eyes for each other and had some crackhead energy if they wanted to. Then again, their constant eye-fucking wasn't very pleasant to watch.

Then Sam and Gabriel (plus Ian maybe), a group Niall much more preferred despite their little age gap, two years is nothing anyway. Gabriel was enjoyable to be around and made Niall laugh uncontrollably. And, according to himself, Gabe was a trickster. So maybe they could play some pranks and the world will be okay again.

Of course, Liam and Mickey were also another option he could choose. Then again, they were some lovebirds as well and kinky one's to that, so Niall passed voluntary. Thank you, next.

Eleanor, maybe. She was neglected by Louis as well. She didn't seemed to mind very much, which was very surprising to Niall. Instead, she spent a lot of time with Ian who was looking like he was getting better again. He probably just needed a good friend.

And then there was Zayn, someone he hadn't seen in a while and if Niall had to be honest, Zayn wasn't necessarily his first option. He didn't know him anyway and Niall wasn't in the mood to get to know him.

So Zayn, Liam and Mickey were out.

Perhaps Nick Grimshaw? It wouldn't hurt to reconnect, right? Niall just needed to find him, he hadn't seen Nick for a while. Did he even still go to this school?

Niall groaned in annoyance and swung his legs over the edge of his bed, slowly standing up to go downstairs and drink a glass of water.

He plodded through the darkness, his bare feet not being a big fan of the cold floor. So he hurried and almost fell down the stairs, but caught himself just in time.

"Niall?" Maura asked and turned on the light in the hall. Her son looked up from the ground and smiled sweetly. "That's my name, got it for my birthday. You like it?" He asked and expected his mom to laugh, but she only crossed her arms over her chest.

"Honey, why're you up? It's almost two in the morning" She said, to which Niall only shrugged. He didn't wanted to tell his mom the thoughts that were haunting him. It's not like he didn't trusted her or anything, he simply thought that it was stupid and he didn't needed other people to tell him this either.

Maura raised a brow at Niall. He's been awfully different lately, just wasn't his usual self. And Harry hasn't been here, and Niall didn't spent time at Harry's house either. Then it clicked.

"You can talk to me, Ni, you know that, right?" Maura tried, but Niall just blocked her. He waved it off and nodded, just made his way to the kitchen where he wanted to go in the first place.

Niall didn't wanted to have this conversation with his mother at two in the morning. Actually, not ever.

She just sighed and turned the light in the hall off and in the kitchen on since Niall seemingly didn't bothered to. "Is it Harry?" She asked softly and placed a hand on Niall's shoulder, but he shook it off.

"What are you talking about?" He barked back and poured water in his glass, this little act reminding him of their laughter a week ago when Harry was choking on Spaghetti.

He sighed and shook his head, just drinking his water slowly in hopes of not having to answer his mom.

"He hasn't been here and you haven't been at his place either. Did you two had a fight? I'm sure you can talk it out, last time you two were mad at each other it didn't lasted two days" She reminded him and laughed at the memory.

Maura had to drive him to Harry's house so that he could apologise. Ironically, Harry had the same idea and so the two cars met in the middle of the route. The two six year old boys hugged each other on the road, not caring about anything but just mumbling "I'm sorry" over and over again.

Niall placed the glass in the sink and shook his head. "No, we didn't have a fight" He mumbled and turned around to go upstairs and just try to sleep, when Maura grabbed his arm and spun him around.

"Honey, I'm your mother and I care about you. You don't seem okay and I'm here for you, okay? So just trust me with this" She encouraged him and bit down on her lip, trying to fight the urge to ask her son just one more question.

Niall sighed and looked to the side, biting the inside of his cheek. Just tell her, he thought, it won't hurt.

Maura let go of her son's arm and hugged him instead, noticing the tears glimmering in his eyes. Niall slowly hugged back, clinging onto her shirt as he tried not to sob loudly.

She rubbed his back soothingly, drawing random patterns on it. "Ni, can I ask you something?" She asked slowly, waiting for Niall's answer patiently.

He just nodded, ignoring his headache that was slowly building up because he was trying so hard not to cry.

"Are you .. Do you have feelings for Harry?"

Niall tensed at this question. He definitely didn't expected this. Especially since his mom thought that he was crushing on a boy. He wasn't out yet. And goddamnit, this one question freaked the hell out of Niall.

He swallowed thickly and buried his face in Maura's shoulder, letting the tears fall as he whispered the next words.

"Mom, I'm pansexual."

Maura just hugged him tighter, nodding slowly. "Okay" She said and shrugged, "That's okay."

Niall let out a sigh of relief, pushing all of his worries aside for a second, just squeezing his eyes shut and allowing himself to cry.

It's okay.

Basically I edited the book with scenes where it's mentioned that Niall is crushing on Zayn because with this situation, I'm giving Niall a crisis and I tend to do that often. Hope you enjoyed. Next chapter following tomorrow. :))

[ WC: 1353 ]