Chapter 5: The Map

Start from the beginning

That's why she promised something on her mother's grave. She will not put down her mask until she graduates from Hogwarts so she could stay in Gryffindor. But after that... She could be as Slytherin as she wants.

*****
"Did you take it?" her uncle asked her after the lesson.

Cassie nodded and gave him the map. She smiled, turning around only to see Kol and Daphne waiting for her on the doorway. The boy looked at his cousin first and then turned to Cassiopea for... Help ?

"Guys, can you leave me with my goddaughter for five minutes?" Remus asked. "I promise, I'll bring her straight..."

"Actually, uncle. They're not going anywhere," Cassie said.

Her uncle turned his head to her. Even though he didn't hate anyone, Remus Lupin really loathed the Greengrass family. When she was 11, right after her first year, she asked him why. All he said was 'School drama'.

Cassie peered at the door of her uncle's study with that look of hers, filled with sadness and disappointment. Remus realized sadly that the arrival of Sirius had helped Cassie with absolutely nothing.

"Do you want to see him?" Remus asked quietly, yet the other two still heard him.

"Maybe tonight." Cassie turned around and went to her friends. Daphne started whispering as fast as she could as they were running out of time. Kol on the other hand was so calm and unperturbed. He was nothing like his mother- the always wild and unable to control herself Lydia Greengrass.

Remus turned to Sirius who had just came out of the office and raised the map. His friend smiled, "It's been a while. Let's see what Minnie is doing!"

"I can't believe you are still calling her Minnie," Remus snorted. "Shouldn't we see where Peter is?"

"Leave that to the children. Cassie's friends have a great plan."

"Do you remember Kol's mother? I believe that before she became a Death-Eater, Lydia had a thing for one of your cousins. Was it Bellatrix ?"

"Narcissa," Sirius corrected his friend with a smile. "Cissa was the pretty one. How is Andromeda doing?"

"I solemnly swear that I am up to no good," Remus said to the map and turned his head to Sirius. "She is fine. Pretty sure she will kick my ass if she understands that I allowed you to see Cassie..."

"Remus? What the hell is showing the map?"

Moony looked at the old parchment with no surprise and read, "Miss Daphne, Miss Cassiopeia and Mr. Kol wish you a pleasant search on the Marauders Map." Remus turned his head to Sirius. "Do you see what I am subjected to every day? It's like we have a prank war... Except for the fact that she is vengeful. Just like her mother. And we made her steal from"

*****
Cassiopea Black was sitting alone on a table in the lonely corner of the library. She looked to Daphne and Kol, who were searching for Peter Pettigrew on the Marauders Map. The three of them knew that sooner or later the twins would come for it.

"Mischief managed," Cassie heard Daphne whispering. "Cassie! Come here."

The Gryffindor went to then and took the map, hiding it in Daphne's bag. She sat next to Kol, "Where is he?"

"With Ronald Weasley, Harry Potter and Hermione Granger," Daphne rested her head on the book she was reading. "The twins are running around the halls. Looking for the Map, I suppose."

"We should keep it," Kol said. "Imagine all the things we could do with this Map. So much good..."

The two girls didn't say anything. They looked at each other, discussing what they should do. They had lied to Remus and Sirius. They had stolen from the Weasley twins. But all of this for her father's freedom.