Chapter 65: Cass

June, 1993, Hogwarts

Cassiopea Black was the daughter of the mass murderer Sirius Black, the granddaughter of the harassing Walburga Black, the niece of Bellatrix Lestrange and Narcissa Malfoy, so she sat with Hermione and Ron. Well, when Ron wasn't too scared of Cassie. Then she sat only with Hermione.

"What did you write on the third question?" Hermione asked quietly as they sat together in the library.

Cassie opened her mouth to answer, but she couldn't say anything because Peeves suddenly appeared and started shouting her favorite song, "Little Cassie Black is in trouble again! Little Cassie Black is following in her father's footsteps. ! " Cassie curled up in her chair. "Oh, don't worry, Black!" her spirit smiled. "Maybe one day you'll find a friend who doesn't sit with you out of pity."

Her eyes filled with tears. Stop, she begged herself in her mind. Please stop.

Maybe now was the time to stop pretending. He would put the hat in Slytherin, where Cassie really belonged. She hated Hogwarts. She hated Gryffindor's tower, she hated the girls she was in the same bedroom with, she hated Quidditch, she hated everything. She wished it wasn't her second year. She wished she were seventh so she could finally get out of this damn place or her aunt sending her to France or America. Maybe then Cassie would finally find a place where no one knew her father was a murderer.

"Hey, Black!" Peeves approached her and grinned at her. "You know you can tell me if you start practicing Dark Magic? I can quickly find you a new Dark Lord to serve."

Cassie packed her things and left the library before the tears began to leave her eyes. She had to hide before she cried. She had to get out of here as soon as possible. Maybe she would go home and tell her Aunt Andromeda what had happened. Maybe her Aunt Andromeda would know what to do or how to make herself perfect this time.

Cassie bumped into someone, dropping her textbooks. "I'm sorry, I ... Minister?" she blinked at the Minister of Magic several times as he helped her collect her textbooks.

"Hello, Miss Black. Nice to see you. I hope you're better than the last time I came to visit you and your family?"

The last time was Christmas last year. Cassie had spent several disgusting months at Hogwarts and immediately decided to return when she realized she had such an option. The first day she had spent hours in her aunt's arms, crying, telling her everything that had happened at the School of Magic, and then she had started her performance again, wearing the beautiful mask of the infallible Cassiopea Black.

"Of course, Minister," she smiled at him. "What brings you to Hogwarts?"

"I'm on my way to Azkaban," the magic minister lowered his voice. "I was wondering if you wanted to say something to your father?"

Did she want to say something to the killer Sirius Black? Yes, he had ruined her life. He was the reason Cassie didn't have a second to rest, a second of peace to think about the whole fucking problem. And that was why she had no choice but to pretend. Maybe if Black had decided not to betray the Potter family that night, if he had decided to just stay home with her and her mother, things would be different now.

But Sirius had made that choice because Cassie and Emma weren't enough. For a Black, her aunt Andromeda had said, not even all the stars in the night sky were enough.

Cassie's smile didn't flicker as she pulled the small piece of paper from her bag. "For my father," she said slightly, not taking her eyes off the Minister of Magic.

How did it feel, she wondered. How did it feel to be better than others, to manage others? To know that no matter what happens, you are the one who decides their fate? It must have been wonderful to have that power in your hands. It must have been wonderful to be able to realize that you can ruin lives when you feel like it.