Chapter 61: Delphini Druella Black

In the early January of 1998 yelling and knocking on the door woke both Cassiopea and Kol up. Cassie jumped as soon as the hand landed on the door, Kol a second later.

"It's happening!" Andromeda yelled from the other side of the door. "Get up! Now! I cannot bring this child into the world alone."

Delphi, Cassiopea realized was coming. Delphini decided to show up and brighten up their day in...

"What time is it?" Cassie asked.

"Three in the fucking morning!" Draco yelled from the corridor as he and Daphne came into Cassie's room.

"There is something called knocking, you know?" Kol asked, buring his head in the pillow. "You should try it sometimes."

Cassie kissed his cheek gently, letting him have as much time as he needed to realize that the woman who was going to push out was bringing his little sister into the world.

"The baby won't be here for another... At least 5 hours!" Daphne said as she leaned back in Cassie's chair.

"At least 12," Emma corrected her from the door. "I was giving birth to Cassiopea  2 days, but..." the four snakes looked at her shocked from the news. "What? Hasn't your father told you?" she asked Cassie.

"He said that he hadn't slept and that there is a hole in the hospital because of his walking," Cassie said. "But seriously? 2 days..."

Kol finally sat up in the bed. "Does that mean that we have to go to Hogwarts before Delphini is born?"

The four of them looked at Emma again as their hearts skipped a beat. They all had been waiting both Delphi and Teddy for a long time and now that one of them was actually coming to them they were excited.

Well, at least they were going to be if it wasn't 3 in the fucking morning.

But the news that they might not be here for the actual birth hit all of them hard.

"Maybe," Emma said and she came closer to the bed. "But don't worry. We will be sure to have you informed that she is born as soon as it happens."

Kol hugged Cassie, resting his head on her shoulder. She looked over to Draco and Daphne. Both of them were wide awake, ready for every single hour till the birth.

"Sorry, but I have to ask!" Draco said. "How did you end up with two days giving birth? Is that one," he nodded towards Cassie, "really that special?"

"Draco, you were born after 45 hours!" Narcissa called out from the corridor. "Don't complain."

Cassie smiled and looked at her mother. They eyes, both the exact same color, met each other and Emma returned the smile.

"Actually, it wasn't that bad... In the beginning. I was sitting there totally calm. Sirius was the one to make a bigger drama."

"Professor Black and drama?" Daphne said. "What a shock!"

Cassie smiled at her best friend warmly and let Kol hug her even tighter. He kissed her cheek again as they all remembered Sirius Orion Black.

What a man he had been!

A Marauder, a Griffindor in a line of Slytherins, a father, a brother, a son. From Walburga's stories Cassie learned a lot about her father, more than she had ever known.

She had learned that his favorite color wasn't red, but blue. "Your mother's eyes," Walburga had said.

She had learned that her father was the best in playing chess and he had learned all about it from his uncle Alphard Black who had lived with Walburga, Regulus and Sirius after his wife's death in 1959.