Chapter 22: The Prank War

After five weeks of searching, five terrible weeks of fighting what they should do or what spell Sirius should try to find Emma Rosier, they both ended up in Dumbledore's office. Sitting here wasn't something new to Cassie, but apparently her father had forgotten it.

He was sitting nervously on the chair next to her, shaking. Maybe the nervous sitting was because he was blue and not because he had forgotten what was it like to sit in this office, but details aside.

Professor McGonagall and professor Snape were looking at Sirius shocked while Dumbledore was trying so hard to hold his laughter back. Then the Slytherin head turned to Cassie. "What potion did you make?"

Cassie handed him the old paper she had found in one of her books. As the professor was reading, Dumbledore looked at McGonagall, who finally laughed.

"Of course, he is blue!" Snape said. "You are supposed to drink this, you idiot!"

Dumbledore took the paper. "Oh, potions! Can someone explain to me what this is?"

"Finding potion," Cassie said. "The thing is, as professor Snape said, you mustn't drink it. You have to say the name of the person you're looking for and most likely it'll find where this person is."

Professor McGonagall nodded as she understood what Cassie and Snape were talking about. The Potion master took the paper again and looked at Sirius. He laughed.

"Thank God, Cassiopea only inherited the looks from you!" Snape said. "Thank God she is Emma's daughter..."

"And where is Emma now, Severus?!" Sirius shouted, jumping from his seat. "Isn't she the reason for all of Cassie's problems!"

"Let's be real, Black. You are the reason for her problems. Have you told her who you really went to see first?"

Cassie looked up at the professors. Her dad, still as blue as a blueberry, was ready to jump at Snape and start punching him until the Slytherin's death. Then she turned at professor McGonagall, who was refusing to look at her.

"Severus, it's not the right time," Dumbledore said. "Cassiopea has been through a lot this last few weeks. Think about Emma. She wouldn't do this, if she was you."

"Emma would tell her," Snape said, looking at the head master. "She has the right to know that her father didn't come back for her!"

Everything stopped. Cassie wasn't sure if she was breathing. She wasn't sure if her heart was beating. She looked first at her father, then at Snape. Her whole body was shaking, the thoughts were running through her head.

No. That wasn't possible. He said that he came back for her. Not for Potter. He came back for her. But what if he lied? What if that dog on the gravestone of her mom wasn't really him? Remus would know if Sirius came that night.

McGonagall knew, Cassiopea realized. Everyone in this fucking room knew about this and none of them told her about it. She shooked her head. She wasn't crying, she wasn't screaming, but she was disappointed. She was disappointed with herself because she had told him the whole truth about her childhood. She was disappointed with herself because she had been waiting for a man that didn't come back for her.

She was disappointed from herself because she tried to be him 12 years.

The next thing Cassie knew is that she was running through the corridor, trying to hide from him as soon as possible. She reached the Slytherin common room and came in. Daphne, Kol and Draco were there. Hermione was sitting in Draco's lap, but Cassie didn't turn to her.

She looked at her best friend. Daphne jumped on her feet and hugged Cassiopea with a smile, asking her about the search for her mom.

When Cassie shooked her head and tried to sit next to Kol, but he pushed her in his lap, hugging her as he wanted to calm her down. But she was calm. She did care for her dad and that he lied, but she wanted to forget it. Because she hated when someone lied to her.