Chapter 42: From now on

"Professor Slughorn!"

Cassiopea Black stormed into the Potions classroom. She realized there was those classes Slughorn made for students in 5th year and she mustn't come in right now, but Snape was nowhere to be found and she needed help with Draco.

"I'm sorry to interrupt you, but I need some help," she said, taking deep breaths. She was exhausted by running around the castle, she realized that Kol and Daphne were still holding Draco in the Slytherin common room. "It's about my cousin and I can't find professor Snape and..."

"Oh, miss Black, don't worry. Tell me what's wrong with Mr Malfoy and we'll fix it!" Slughorn smiled at her.

Cassie looked around the room, realizing that Ginny Weasley was here and she would probably tell her big brother what had happened in Potions.

"He has drank some Love Potion, professor and... He is singing for Daphne Greengrass now in the Slytherin common room."

"Miss Black will stay with you," he told his students. "If there is any problem, ask her..." he looked at Cassie. "I hope you can help them while I fix Mr Malfoy. Until then, please, try to tell me the truth about how exactly you got a love potion."

And he left the classroom, leaving Cassiopea with 5th year Griffindors and Slytherin. She nodded to a few of the Slytherins, hissed at some Griffindors.

"What Potion are you making?" she asked one of the younger Slytherins.

"Erumpent Potion," he answered. "In my opinion it's not as good as the Bombarda charm."

"Yeah, I think so too," Cassie laughed. "I used the Bombarda charm on Umbridge on 1st September last year."

The Slytherins turned their heads to her, ready for her to tell them some stories of herself. But right now Cassie wasn't in a mood for stories.

So she looked at the students, making Potions.

Draco, Merlin, what an idiot! She had told him over and over again not to drink or eat anything that the Golden trio gives him. But suddenly he does. Of course he wouldn't listen to her...

Cassie took a deep breath and leaned back in Slughorn's chair. She looked around the classroom again. How many times she had been here with her friends? How many times they had laughed here?

And they were leaving Hogwarts next year. They could die.

She wasn't ready to say goodbye to Hogwarts. She wasn't ready for her plan. She wasn't ready for killing someone. She wasn't ready for anything. She wasn't a true leader to the Death-Eaters.

Cassie bit her lower lip.

What about her friends? Kol was Voldemort's son. He could take care of himself, but... So many things happen. Just look at Draco. He was a powerful wizard and yet he was tricked into drinking a love potion. And Daphne? She couldn't even imagine what would happen to her. She was dating Fred, but...

"Miss Black?"

Cassie looked up at Slughorn. She jumped from his seat and almost stared crying her questions.

"He is alright," the professor said before she could even open her mouth. "But... I talked to him and... Miss Black... I can't explain what had happened to your cousin, but the love potion must be really strong to cause this... Things he sees."

"What things?"

"Like Mr Greengrass' father. It's not possible to be Tom Riddle!" Slughorn even laughed. "I mean. He must be a close family, that will explain the similar looks, but... He is not his son! And you? Leading the Death-Eaters?!" Cassie froze. "The poor boy. Whatever was given him it messed up his mind..."