Chapter 21: The tragedy of the Blacks

The Ministry of magic was the same as Cassiopea remembered it. As a five-year-old she thought it was huge. As a 14-year-old she thought it was huge and was getting even bigger.

Walking side by side with Kol, she was looking around, finding interesting details. Some people were staring at her and Kol. Like Arthur Weasley. Yet he didn't come near her.

But Percy did.

"Oh, mister Riddle, miss Black," he smiled at them. "The Minister sent me to tell you that he is busy right now, but you can wait for him here or somewhere in London."

"Oh?" Kol said and smiled at Percy. "I would like to talk to your father. He is so much more intelligent and interesting than you."

Cassie smiled and followed her boyfriend (or whatever he was) to Mr Weasley. She bit her lip with extreme desire that he didn't remember the real world.

"Mr Weasley," they said.

Arthur Weasley was an interesting man, Cassie had to admit. He was so interested in Muggles and Muggle stuff that was what everyone outside their family knew of him, but he was as kind as her uncle Ted and he loved his children so much. Cassiopea had no idea if he ever considered her as part of the Weasleys ad he and his wife considered Harry, but it wasn't that important to her now.

"Cassiopea, Kol," he said. "Why are two students here on Friday?"

"My father wants to see us," Kol responded with a smile, which made Cassie sure she could tell him all of her secrets and he would keep them. She wondered if this smile was the same smile that Voldemort used for gaining followers.

"Oh, yes. The Minister said that you might get married after a few more years," Mr Weasley said. "Is your dad agreed with the marriage, Cassiopea?"

"Of course," Cassie smiled. "You know my dad-the most loyal man you'll ever meet."

And the man who was listening to every single word of this fucking conversation. She could almost hear his laughter a few steps behind her.

"And of course my dad, who will be so, so happy to sing on the wedding, will talk about his childhood. You know, about his first word and that sweet photo of him and my granny hugging."

Sirius kicked her lightly. Cassie smiled, but then she felt Kol's hand around her waist and realized that he was signing his death sentence with this.

Yet he didn't know that her dad was next to them, he didn't know he could hear them. He knew only about Regulus, who was... No one knew where exactly was Regulus.

"I am happy to hear that," Mr Weasley smiled. "Oh, I believe that your turn for the Minister has come. Have a great day, children."

Cassie smiled and she turned her head to Voldemort's direction. Then she saw the woman walking next to him, her black-silver hair walking as a queen to them. She was smiling, but the smile was cold as ice. It was kind of creepy, but it was that smile Narcissa and Cassiopea shared.

Walburga Black looked at her granddaughter as she was listening to the Minister. She shooked her head in Voldemort's direction like she was saying 'Look at him, you stupid girl! Not at me!'

So Cassie turned to him. She froze and realized that in this world she was going to marry the hottest man's son.

Tom Riddle was... Was... Merlin! Cassie knew that he was a mad man, obsessed with power. God! He was the most evil man in the world. But he was so hot.

Could Cassie marry him instead of Kol?

"Oh, Cassiopea, Kol," he smiled at the two children. Cassie felt how her dad's hand rested on her shoulder.