Chapter 39: Drink

Pretending to be a sad little girl was easier than Cassie ever thought was possible. Well, partly because she was sad, devastated.

The Weasleys didn't even care about her, which gave her a lot of time to listen to the Order's plan and thinking about her own. When Dumbledore came with Harry, two days after Cassiopea had arrived in their so called house, Cassie had fallen down on her knees, begging the Head Master for forgiveness. Dumbledore had accepted it almost immediately.

The only perfect thing in the house was one blonde that was shining as bright as the sun. Fleur Delacour, the girl Cassiopea had befriended in her 4th year, was always talking to her, which Cassie loved about her.

They spoke in French. Fleur was trying to make her feel wanted and safe, which Cassie liked more than anything else in that fucking house. And because they were friends and apparently Mrs Weasley wanted Bill to stay away from his bride to be, Molly Weasley put them in Percy's room while Bill stayed with Harry and Ron.

During the evenings, Fleur was telling Cassie stories about Beauxbatons and Paris and France, telling her fairytales and legends she had learned from her grandmother. Sometimes Cassie forgot that her friend's grandmother was a veela.

All was going great, she was almost having fun, she knew that Bellatrix and her friends had found all the  Horcruxes, that Andromeda and Narcissa had found a way to free her mother. Now they needed to do just three more kills to complete her plan.

And then Remus came to dinner.

"Hello, lions," he laughed as soon as he walked into the house. "Oh," he said when he saw Cassie, his smile fading. "You finally decided to show up, ah?"

She nodded.

She didn't spoke much around the Weasleys or the trio. Most of the days she was speaking only to Fleur and sometimes to Bill.

"Good to see you're alive," Remus said. "Harry," he turned to Potter, "you're fine, right? After everything that happened in the Ministry and afterwards?"

He looked at Cassiopea as she was responsible for everything that happened. For small part, yes, she was. But it was Harry who casted the spell. Not her.

Her father protected her. And she was going to avenge him.

Cassie felt some hand resting on hers and looked to her right. Fleur smiled at her like she was saying that everything was going great, that she was great. Cassie nodded, looking at her plate, listening to the conversation.

"Yes, Remus. I am fine," Potter said. "It's just that... I can't get over the fact that he's not going to write to me ever again."

Cassie almost laughed.

And what about her? Her father was her family. Her father was the one who hugged her in the nights when she had nightmares, that protected her from Harry even though they were on the same side, the one who loved her, the one who had been fighting for her all of his life. She never actually thought about the day she would loose him. Because that day wasn't supposed to come this soon.

But no one asked how she is doing.

"I think that some people," Remus said and Cassiopea was sure he was looking at her, "should stop being such ungrateful little shits and start thinking about others who hurt more than them."

Enough, Cassiopea said to herself and looked up.

"Excuse me?" she said. Cassie heard Fleur taking a deep breath. She knew that if she started this fight that her friend was going to protect her and she knew that Mrs Weasley would turn against Fleur even more. Right now however wasn't a great time to speak about friendships and hardtime. "I am the ungrateful little shit?"